Moving in Orlando>Question Details

Shari-lei Jo…, Other/Just Looking in Beltsville, MD

Where in Orlando are the best areas to raise a family and what are the best places to work in the Orlando area?

Asked by Shari-lei Jones, Beltsville, MD Thu Dec 27, 2012

I'm working on relocating to the Orlando area. I've been to Kissimmee area for vacation, and I like the area. I'm looking to start a new life, and build my family. I'm in the process of job hunting in the Orlando area as well.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Orlando

Answers

13
I would recommend Lake nona, Close to everything, with the medical city opening up next year, cancer research center and Valencia College. This place will be the next Windermere, Stop looking and buy Now!.. Located in the northernmost section of Lake Nona, the 500-acre, neo-traditional NorthLake Park community is home to a host of excellent amenities including an award-winning A-rated elementary school and YMCA all under one roof, an outdoor Olympic pool, soccer fields, basketball and tennis courts and a neighborhood dog park. Single-family and multi-family homes, as well as apartments are planned throughout this region. Check out the link below

http://learnlakenona.com/live/

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Abe Mroue
Premium Properties Real Estate services
Lake Nona Office
10645 Narcoosse Road
Orlando, FL 32817
407.408.2999 Direct
407.472.4795 Office
407.472.4816 Fax
C21mroue@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hi Shari:

Lake Mary has been repeatedly voted as one of the top 10 cities to live in USA. I myself live in Lake Mary and it has been fantastic. I would definitely recommend Lake Nona (It is part of the Orlando). It is the fasted growing area in Central Florida as well as the #1 Job creation center of Central Florida due to huge developments of UCF College of Medicine, VA Hospital, Children’s Hospital, … There are other nice cities like Longwood, Winter garden, Windermere, Maitland, Winter Park.. with "A" rated schools,… but in my opinion they do not have as much growth potential as Lake Nona

Below link contains the available homes in Lake Mary & Lake Nona just to give you a general idea as to your options:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/proper…

If you have any further questions juts feel free to let me know any time.

Abraham Bidhendi - Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as the TOP Buyer side Transactions in the State of Florida
We have had 165 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com Or abidhendi@ORLANDOPROPERTIESONLINE.COM
Website: http://reosofflorida.mfr.mlxchange.com/ Or http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hi, You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. They also have a great side by side zip code comparison feature as well.

Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Oviedo, FL: consistently voted one of America's top ten cities to raise a family. Check out this link below for the article in Bloomsberg Business. Great Schools, family orientated communities, good access to all FL has to offer.

http://images.businessweek.com/slideshows/2012-12-17/the-bes…
In what industry do you plan to work? How old are your kids (is elementary, middle, or high school important, or, maybe, all of them)?
Hi Shari,

My sister and one of my closes friend lives in Oviedo and they absolutely love it. Oviedo has been listed one of the 10 places to live in 2009 and 2011.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/snapshot…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Like everything it depends. What's the best place to live in California? Beverly Hills? Maybe. But most of us cannot afford it. The best place will depend first of all in your budget. If your budget is $150,000 for example we can show you the best family neighborhoods at that price level. Second: what industry or what type of work will you be doing? Also, do you have children? What are their ages? That should be a big consideration. How big is your family? How big is it going to get? Etc...Everyone’s needs are different and what would be ideal for one family would not be for another one. You'll need to go over all of these needs and limitations with your agent before so that you can narrow down the neighborhood that would best fit you and your family. If you do not have one yet you can always contact us. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Good Luck! Hope we can welcome you to Orlando soon.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
You will find it hard to beat Harmony as a place to raise a family. Harmony is 7 miles east of St. Cloud and under 25 minutes away from the Medical City at Lake Nona.
Honestly, if you are looking for a JUMP START on life, don't let people give you the hoopla about living out in the burbs. A new start on life is going where things are happening, yet, safe for kids, and events for the parent when they want to get out. I HIGHLY recommend downtown Orlando. I believe the College Park area will really be a nice pace for a someone who is looking for great schools and a vibrant lifestyle. There are other really great places in downtown. There is Thornton Park, Baldwin Park, Colonial Town, and many more areas that surround downtown. Easy access to all the major highways. There are more neighborhood events that you will love. So, don't fall for living far away from things when relocating. Move into the city and then move out. You learn a ton more about the city faster than being out in the middle of no where. (You and your kids will thank me!)
Hi Shari-lei

Thanks for turning to Trulia for your real estate questions.

There are many great areas to find a home perfect just for you and your new life.
What you need to do is find an agent that you can work with and go from there.
You'll get alot of agents offering their services, so please take the time and talk with a few of us to see if there is a fit.

Once that happens, you'll be amazed how quickly that person can help you find your dream home!

If I can be of any help, please feel free to let me know.

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Lake Mary, Wekiva Springs, Dr Phillips, Disney's back yard (Winter Garden area) and I'll throw in Lake Nona although its a new area.

Hope this helps and if I can answer or help further let me know.

Dave & Patty Lowe real estate broker dave@OrlandoFloridaRelocation.com Web Reference: http://OrlandoFloridaRelocation.com
Shari,

Hope you are well. Send me an e-mail with your preferences and I will seek your new home immediately.

Highest and best regards,

Vincent Warren Paige, Jr.
REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Luxury Property Specialist
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
E-mail: vpaige1@yahoo.com
Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary... there are a lot of great spots. I grew up in Orlando and have lived here about 35 years. Be glad to help you find a spot that works for you.
Bill I am definitely not an agents dream since we are only looking to rent a place to live as we relocate. I would however appreciate any advice you could give. We are transferring to the area in June. My husband will work in Orange County, but we don't mind driving. I will be looking for a job. I am currently a substitute teacher. We are looking for a rental no more than $900 a month with good schools, my son is going into middle school. WE have heard a lot about Lake Mary, Winter Park, Winter Garden, Altemont Springs,
Can you tell me the best place based on my criteria
Flag Fri May 31, 2013