Moving in Mount Pleasant>Question Details

Joann S., Home Buyer in Commerce Township, MI

Where do the majority of 55 people live in Mt. Pleasant?

Asked by Joann S., Commerce Township, MI Tue May 15, 2012

Answers

11
Hi Joann,
Knowing your interest would better help find the community for you.
Hello Joann,
Use this link to the senior center we have 'closer in' in Mount Pleasant.

http://www.townofmountpleasant.com/index.aspx?NID=222

Otherwise, you will find Mount Pleasant a splendid mix of ages, energies,etc.

The Quality of life with the proximity to beaches, downtown, aesthetics and low crime are big draws to Mount Pleasant.

I hope this along with the other answers you've received help.

All the best!

Steve
HI Joann,
Have you visited the Charleston area yet? Each area of the community has it's own feel and after a brief tour, I am sure you will get a sense of what I am talking about. There is no right or wrong place to live. Each area has it's benefits so you just need to find the one that is perfect for you. Give me a call and I will be happy to show you around.
Martha Freshley
William Means Real Estate
(843) 297-7530
Joann,
One of the best over 55 communities in the South is Sun City minutes from Hilton Head.
That being said the Charleston , Mount Pleasant area is a great place to relocate to.
Hello Joann,

Those of us over 55 are throughout Zip Codes 29464 and 29466 in Mt. Pleasant ( 29465 is reserved for P.O. Boxes). Most neighborhoods here have a mix of empty-nesters, singles, and families with children.

It may be easier to tell us what you are looking for (golf community, close to medical facilities, shopping, master bedroom on the first floor, etc.) and give us a price range and we should be able to come up with numerous homes in neighborhoods you might like to visit where there will be some others over 55. There is plenty to do here in Mt. Pleasant, SC for all ages.

Jay@CharlestonHomesForSale.com
Mt. Pleasant offers a great deal of variety. Charleston National; Park West; Belle Hall just to name a few. These neighborhoods offer golf; tennis; pools; fitness centers and close to great shopping and hospitals and medical centers. Contact me if you are interested in seeing anything. I currently have a great listing in Charleston National and would love to show you and uour family around.
I don't think there are many specific 55+ neighborhoods in Mt. Pleasant. There is a retirement village in Park West. Part of it has patio homes and another part has assisted living. The idea being to transition from one to the other. The patio homes are in a subsection of Park West called Liberty Cottages. There are 2 proposed construction in there right now. Give me a call at 843.475.1722 and I can show give you more info.
Joann, There are no exclusively 55+ neighborhoods in Mt. Pleasant. What you will find is a very welcoming town with neighborhoods that encompass people of all ages. Several of our golf course communities do attract retirees who enjoy the game but there are many wonderful areas in which to live where you are sure to find contemporaries. Look for neighborhoods close to activities and amenities that make a difference to you. The rest will follow. Hope that helps.
Joann, there are a lot of great places to live in Mt. Pleasant! A lot of people in this age range live in charleston national, park west, seaside farms and many other neighborhoods. These neighborhoods have great amenities like golf, pools, workout centers and others that retirees like to take advantage. You probably aren't quite ready to retire, but if you're thinking of buying, any of these neighborhoods would be great! There are also some 55+ communities as well. Feel free to email me with what you're looking for and I'd be happy to email you some listings. You can also search our MLS on my website below! Hope this helps!
Look in Seaside Farms, Charleston National , Belle Hall and Rivertown