Moving in Half Moon Bay>Question Details

carolyn.kelso, Home Buyer in Foster City, CA

What's the weather like in Half Moon Bay? IS the commute to Daly City difficult?

Asked by carolyn.kelso, Foster City, CA Fri Jan 27, 2012

Answers

4
Totally off the professional "clock" here....

Half Moon Bay is WONDERFUL!
I live in the East Bay and find myself driving over at every chance I can make.
Whether it is foggy or a beautiful sunny winter day, the winters are THE best, Half Moon Bay is fabulous.
If you can make that work....DO IT!!
PS: Dog friendliest town I have every visited!!
I'm just a dumb ole surfer/RE broker/general contractor but I can tell you from first hand experience that the coast is the coast. That means lot's of fog and overcast skies. But it's the coast and there's no better place to live. You just can't beat the quality of life.

That stated, if you have an artritic or some type of respiratory contition that is sensitive to inherent dampness a more arid climate may be a better choice. Or if you're the type that likes mostly warm and sunny days that too would be an area of concern.

I've lived on the beach most of my life. It doesn't matter whether it's San Diego or Crescent City you're going to have a lot of gray, overcast and foggy mornings and evenings. It just comes with the territory.
Hi Carolyn,
Having lived on the coast since 1988, we have seen the weather in all seasons. There are different climates and degrees of sunshine depending on which area you live. The areas around El Granada and Miramar/north end of Half Moon Bay, generally have more sunshine though are further from the water. The areas around the Ritz Carlton and in Montara/Moss Beach, are closer to the ocean and get the fog first. Very seldom is the fog so thick that you couldn't see the ocean and often, when there looks like a fog bank over the hills, when you get to the coast, the fog is above the sunsets. Everyone on the Coastside finds this a peaceful and unique place where residents actually do "smell the roses". Let us know if we can help you in anyway.
Kathy
Kathy & Michael Rain, The Rain Team
Codwell Banker, Half Moon Bay/Montara
650-888-6903 direct/cell
http://www.coastal-realestate.com
http://www.sanmateocoastrealestate.com
http://www.coastsidelife.com
DRE#01169588
Hi Carolyn,
Half Moon Bay is a little paradise that had the best the nature had to offer.. The sunsets and the breeze of the Ocean are breathtaking. The weather in general is never too hot or too cold.
As for the commute to Daly City, you can do it either by 92 to 280 or straight at highway one which is longer but so beautiful.
Should you like me to help you, please call me on my cell (650) 291-9792
Have a nice day
Juliette Najjar
DRE # 01118110
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
San Mateo - CA 94403