Moving in Santa Clarita>Question Details

Socal Reside…, Other/Just Looking in City of Industry, CA

What's the commute like from Santa Clarita to as far as City of Industry? Considering a move there, and can get to work in COI as early as 6am.

Asked by Socal Resident, City of Industry, CA Fri Mar 1, 2013

Answers

7
Laura Coffey with ReMax’s answer
That is a really long commute. If you have to commute to the City of Industry I would not consider moving to Santa Clarita. It's a great place to live, definitely better than the City of Industry but you will waste hours of your life on the road.
COI from Santa Clarita is about 50-55 miles and commute will be around 1hour if you leave at 5AM. I hope this information helps.
Thanks for the responses. My spouse just started a new job in SCV, and we currently live in the IE. No need for us both to continue commuting, although we're not looking to move anywhere for probably another year at least-we're only a year out from a short-sale. I don't plan to leave my job though, so it sounds like living in SCV isn't necessarily a good option - but is it a doable option? If I were to commute outside of what I would consider to be the peak hours, and instead leave SCV between 5 and 6 in the morning, would that address some of the traffic concern? Just considering what all options are, and trying to plan ahead. With a young family, we're definitely interested in finding a family friendly community with great schools, that's affordable for us, and it seems to fit the bill up that way. Thanks.
There are many options to help with your commute. I can tell you from making the move myself about 15 years ago and leaving the valley was the best decision. When you have time come on up for a visit! We have so much to offer for you and your family.
Once you have made the move here you'll see how calm and beautiful it is...and your utilities, insurance rates are much better too!
Flag Fri Mar 1, 2013
Good afternoon Socal Resident,

Santa Clarita is an exceptional community and may be well worth the drive. I can get to Arcadia from here in a good day without traffic in about 35-45 minutes. As you know, the 210 does get crowded during peak hours and from Pasadena to City of Industry could take over an hour on a bad day just that 14 mile stretch.

There are many commuters that go to Pasadena-San Gabriel Valley that might be an option. I would be happy to put my 24+ years experience and help you find the right home!

Respectfully,

Errol Valladares
KELLER WILLIAMS VIP PROPERTIES
CA DRE #01020758
Santa Clarita Valley Latino Chamber of Commerce - Board member
25124 Springfield Court #100
Valencia CA 901355
661.713.1888 c
661.290.3759 o
errol.kw.vip@gmail.com

Please "like" my Facbook page: http://www.facebook.com/ErrolSellsHomes
This route is mostly congested no matter when you get on the road. I wold say about an hour at least. There are some great commuter options with ride share. I would check that out to save time and make your commute a little relaxing. Santa Clarita is a great place to live!!
search for listings now at http://www.gallatingroup.net
Your Commute from Valencia to the City of Industry is about 45 miles and would take about 45 minutes with no traffic. Leaving during rush hour would make the commute about an hour and 15 or 30 minutes. The drive home rush hour would take about an hour and a half. I know that this wouldn't be something that i'd be willing to do 5 days a week but many of our resident drive from Valencia to Westwood and other far away locations for the benefits of safety, great schools and one of the best and most affordable communities in the nation. Let me know if you would like to have listings sent matching your family's real estate needs. You have the benefit of our 33 years of local Valencia knowledge at work for you!

Your Friend & Realtor,

Tony Lewis * RE/MAX of Valencia tonyglewis@yahoo.com Cell - 661-510-7975
Web Reference: http://www.TonyLewis.com
Hi Socal Resident,
There are several freeways to get you from Santa Clarita to the City of Industry. That's the beauty of Santa Clarita's location. If you get on the road with no accidents early you can get there relatively easily, provided there are no accidents.

My husband use to commute from Santa Clarita to South LA and further everyday, we have experience with this commute. Are you working with a local agent to help show you Santa Clarita and all that it offers? If you are not I would like the opportunity to earn your business!

Jennifer Ricco
Re/Max of Santa Clarita
Two hours minimum...
Flag Thu Oct 10, 2013