Moving in Dallas>Question Details

Bigbdubone, Home Buyer in Bethania, NC

What are the more family friendly areas in the Dallas/Ft.Worth Metroplex area?

Asked by Bigbdubone, Bethania, NC Fri Nov 29, 2013

I am looking to move back to TX. I originally lived in the southeast TX area but, I would like to move to the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. What are the more young family friendly areas of the Metroplex; Arlington, Grand Prairie, Plano? We want to rent for about 2 - 3 yrs so that we can save up for a decent down payment to avoid PMI when we are ready to buy. We can afford about $1200/mo. in rent and we would like to purchase a 4 - 5 bed 3 ba. 1/4 acre lot and the price in the low $200's.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Dallas

Answers

6
Alan Pace’s answer
There are many great areas in the Metroplex that are family friendly. There is one for you. Way to see what works for you is to make a trip to the area. Hook up with a good realtor who knows the DFW area. We all have access to the same information as for what is for rent, for sale etc... You have a plan thats a great start. And starting early is good. Happy to help I can be reached at realestateindfw@gmail.com
I'm thinking Mansfield, Frisco, Savannah, Prosper, Providence, Allen.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
This is a very personal preference question, and hard to give you and answer that will be a perfect fit as we have no knowledge of what you like and dislike... best way would be to gather all you can from internet goggling, then drive around the areas, see which ones you like and feel comfortable in. Then ask the locals in the small shops, postman, anyone walking around outside walking their dog, watching their kids playing... nothing like getting info from the people that live there to give you the best lowdown on an area.
That amount is very low to rent a house with your criteria. Pick any 1 Realtor and work with them only. http://Www.tcrdallas.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Hi...my name is Sandra with Nathan Grace Real Estate.
I work as a team with my husband Olivier, we have helped other families find places to rent for $1200. The places were in Richardson, Plano but a lot of this depends on where and how far you want to be from your work place. I know there are pockets of family friendly areas all over the the metroplex....we can set up a custom search for your specific criteria.
We would love to assist you, feel free to call 214-356-2321 when your ready.
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Sandra
The first place that comes to mind is Saginaw area....
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/propertytype/…

or maybe Anna...

Arlington, GP, Mansfield might also be options. My thought is Plano is a nice place to live, but prices may be tough to get a 1/4 acre for $200,000 or less.

My thought is also don't wait to make PMI go away. You may be able to buy now and make PMI go away with appreciation if you can put down at least 5%. Of course we do not know where prices will be headed in the future.

Right now you would want at least 5% down to go conventional. The PMI never goes away on FHA loans which might have a lower down payment.