Moving in Atlanta>Question Details

Artileswelin…, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

What are the best places to live in the Tampa Bay Area?(good schools, low crimes, good home prices, etc)

Asked by Artileswelington, San Francisco, CA Tue Sep 17, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Atlanta

I live North of Tampa by 22-28 miles in town called Zephyrhills on edge of Wesley Chapel, some call the area New Tampa. I do not know your budget, but U can still find reasonably decent 3/2/2 for < 200K.
Good Luck, oh this area is 1hr from Orlando, I hr from beach areas & 30 mins to downtown.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 22, 2013
Hello, I will be relocating from NJ to work at Tampa General Hospital. Can someone tell me some nice areas that are accommodating to a family as well as travel time less then 45min. Thanks!
I live in Lakeland (north part of the city). We are just (30 miles) 25-30 minutes from Downtown Tampa.

North Lakeland is very accessible to I-4 (1 to 2 mile drive to the nearest ramp) and the property prices just went up 50K during the last year. There is a very good Mall, Cinemas, Walmart, Sams Club, Target, Publix, Best Buy, Staples, Macy's, Dillards, JC Penny, HH Greg, and plenty of restaurants.

The advantage of Lakeland is that you are in the Tampa area and still near the Disney and other attractions.

Low crime, small town (100 K population) diverse and friendly. Check it out. Come to downtown Lakeland on Saturday mornings between 8 am and 1 pm and enjoy the Farmer's market.
In Tampa you can find good schools.
In Tampa you can find low crime.
In Tampa you will pay market value for a home.
The boat called 'good home prices' (translated 'cheap housing) left the dock two years ago.
Areas to consider would be South Tampa and Davis Island, West Chase or the revitalized New Tampa region on the far north of Tampa. (Note: if you can find a 'shack' BUY IT!)
However, if you embrace the vision of white sand beaches, Gulf of Mexico sunsets and sand in your toes, you may consider St Petersburg, Clearwater, Dunedin and Palm Harbor as alternatives.
When will you be in the area?

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Assciate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor FL
Thanks for giving Art good info. I own a shack on Davis IslandS and will retire there.
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013
You can visit and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. They also have a great, side by side zipcode comparison feature. Othe roptions would be and For schools, you can visit,, and

Tampa is a lot like Atlanta...shacks next to 3-story newly-builts. I have grandchildren who attend schools in Hillsborough County. They live in Brandon. Pull up some demographic sites and have a look at them.