Moving in Arlington>Question Details

Rania.hawas, Renter in Bowling Green, KY

What are good neighborhoods to live in with good schools in Arlington, VA? moving in this month. Thanks

Asked by Rania.hawas, Bowling Green, KY Tue Jul 1, 2014

I am moving to Arlington, VA this month with my 3 daughters. Can you please recommend good neighborhoods with good schools (middle and high). I am looking for 3 bed rooms apartment/house to rent for now. Appreciate your assistance.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Arlington

Answers

4
Hi Rania,

The Arlington County school system ranks very high as some of the best schools in the area. The biggest hurdle for you will be to find a residence in the school zone of your choice. Finding a 3 bedroom apartment can be a little more tricky than you might imagine. Most 3BR's are along Columbia Pike (Thomas Jefferson Middle School or Kenmore Middle School), in Rosslyn (Williamsburg Middle School), and in Crystal City (Gunston Middle School). Your search may lead you across the county depending on what it important to you and your family.

Without your budget and preferences, it's really tough to tell what neighborhood your search should be focused on.
The answer by asd was not quite factual. There are many academic ranking systems. There are no rankings that do not put all of the high schools in the top 10% of the COUNTRY. The Middles schools all have a particular bent, and the elementary schools also have unique personalities.

You cannot go wrong with Arlington Schools no matter where your children attend. You will hear about a North South divide. Silly! When I moved here from NJ, I purposely chose my neighborhood, In South Arlington, because it fed to Kenmore Middle School. Kenmore is a Technology and Arts focused school. All of my son's teachers had at least one Master's in Education. The facility is amazing.

There are many factors involved in choosing a home, if you want to discuss further, please let me know.
Generally, the high schools are preferred in the following order: Yorktown, Washington & Lee, Wakefield. This is based on academic rankings, there may be other factors that are important to you.
Hi Rania,
Let me be the first to welcome you to Arlington, Virginia. You will find that the whole Northern Virginia area is a great place to live, especially for families. To get school information it is best to visit the the Arlington county public schools site at http://www.arlington.k12.va.us. You can also find school reviews at http://www.publicschoolreview.com/. As far as neighborhoods, Arlington features plenty of great neighborhoods. Which one best suits you depends of you needs/wants such as type of home, proximity/commute to work, neighborhood amenities, etc. I would love to assist you in find the right home for you and your family. Feel free to contact me anytime you would like to discuss your search.

Best of luck

Giorgio Danso Realtor
Portfolio Realty Solutions
571-263-6868 Direct
giorgiodanso@gmail.com
http://www.buyorlistvirginiahomes.com