Moving in Hunterdon County>Question Details

Trotter456, Home Buyer in Union, NJ

What are best towns to live in Hunterdon County NJ with reasonable commute times to union township. Schools very important!

Asked by Trotter456, Union, NJ Thu Jan 19, 2012

Relocating family from Long Island NY because of a new job in Union township NJ. We like properties in Hunterdon County. Approx how long is the commute and how bad is traffic on 78? Need recommendations on good and bad neighborhoods/schools.

Answers

10
Dmo15’s answer
If you are looking for true value and beautiful landscapes award winning schools I moved to hunterdon 26 years ago and love it. Both of my children went to the schools and went onto successful careers. If you are looking for not just another town in surburbia then go the extra distance and enjoy your life and family in Hunterdon county. You won't regret it
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 30, 2013
I also agree with Teresa - Somerset is probably the way to go. It is closer and very beautiful as well. But it is generally PRICIER -

OH btw, I am not an agent!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
Depending on where you are, about 40 minutes TO Union. Leave EARLIER than you normally would and you will be okay. The way home, you are probably looking at 1 hr 15 min, may be a minimum. Where are the properties you are looking at in Hunterdon Cnty? Readington and Flemington are beautiful but pricey. Whitehouse Station, Glen Garner are more rural (more space, less places) and less expensive. All around though, it will most likely be older homes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
If you are in Elizabeth I would consider Somerset County along the 78 corridor an example of towns would be Basking Ridge, Bedminster even Bridgewater. If you really like Hunterdon County then parts of Readington twp (Whitehouse Station) Lebanon Twp, Clinton, Alexandria (Pittstown) and even Union Twp. If you go to my website http://www.weidel.com/teresa.trigas you can use the mapping feature that will give you an overview of areas in addition to school information.
You can reach me at the office at 908-735-5900 ext 204 cell direct is 908-884-1906
Just want you to know that I live in Hunterdon County and am licensed in both NJ and PA. I have bought and renovated 5 historic properties in the last 12 years in both states.
Sincerely, Lynell Anonelli
Sincere congratulations on your new job! The great news is that you'll have plenty of good choices for schools and many other advantages in Hunterdon County. Regarding schools you should check out some websites first, that will give you accurate, factual data: greatschools.org, schooldigger.com, city-data.com, neighborhoodscout.com are just a few.
The most important element is that you choose an honest, knowledgeable Realtor about the area. I can assist you in finding the neighborhood that best suits your lifestyle re: cultural activities, athletics, outdoor adventures such as canoeing and fishing on the Delaware River, antiquing, healthcare and networking. After listening carefully to your needs and desires, I can present you with a wealth of choices based on specific facts.
It is important to know that no real estate agent is allowed to simply state that any particular neighborhood or school is bad. That is discriminatory and illegal. Similarly beware of anyone who outright extolls the virtures of any specific school or neighborhood because that implies that the other schools are NOT good. That, also, is illegal and actionable. But through knowledge and getting you into certain neighborhoods and situations, you'll find that the picture will come together pretty quickly. It is so gorgeous in parts of Hunterdon, you will find your search exciting, not frustrating. I would love to share the best of our area with you. Please reach me directly at lynell.antonelli@prufoxroach.com or 908-797-5400. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Best regards, Lynell Antonelli
Prudential Fox & Roach REALTORS
908-797-5400
Hi, and congratulations on your potential move to Hunterdon county. There are many great towns/neighborhood in Hunterdon along the 78 corridor with a reasonable commute to Union County. The traffic and commute depend on what time you travel. Clinton, Tewksbury, Readington, Union Twp are just a few. Please call or email me directly to discuss further. I look forward to helping you with your move.

Jessica Wormeck
Weichert Realtors
realtorjessica@gmail.com
cell: 908-938-6535
http://www.myrealtorjessica.com
Union township zip 07083 near Elizabeth
Union Twp Hunterdon County or Union County are you going to be working in?