Moving in Houston>Question Details

Meghan, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

We are relocating from out of state. We are looking for the best, and yet affordable, areas to live and open an office. What are your recommendations?

Asked by Meghan, Houston, TX Sun May 5, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Houston

Answers

20
Jaime Kapp’s answer
If you are going to open an office near your home and not have to drive into the city, I would advise the Northwest area, Spring, Cypress, Tomball. This is where you will get the most for your money and still be in close proximity to everything
Meghan,

Katy, Tomball, Humble, Spring - These are where you will find lower prices and most importantly lower TAXES!

Please fell free to search over 60,000 Houston area homes directly from my web site with Tax and community information on each property.

Cory Kammerdiener
"Licensed Real Estate Broker"

Broker-Owner/ REALTOR ®
(713) 366-6134
(281) 652-5969 eFax

Tampa Office
23612 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 474-7770

Parkland Office
7631 N. State Rd 7
Parkland, FL 33134
(888) 907-3334

Houston Office
16300 Kuykendahl Rd.
Suite 340
Houston, TX 77068
(832) 907-7003

Sugarland Office
15367 SW Freeway
Sugarland, TX 77478
(832) 907-7003
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 12, 2013
Good Morning Meghan,

Please check this video out, and let me know what do you think ;)

http://youtu.be/63mpGTQ7NCM

This city has:
- Eight amazing parks for kids
- A+ Schools
- Free fun activities
- And much more...

Ximena Rosensweig
SIGMA
Parkland Resident
Direct Line: 954-670-7994
xrosensweig@gmail.com
Are you guys looking for a place to live or to rent? Please seek assistance from EZ Lease Rentals, the company knows the ideal places to live or rent and help you set up an office within or near that place. They've helped a lot of tenants before and I'm one of them.
What State are you relocating from? Do you plan to travel by motor vehicle back to that State from time to time? The greater Clear Lake area has much to offer with one of the better school districts. Living in Clear Lake could add one hour to your commute time for getting out of town and back on the road to where you came from. The greater Clear Lake area enjoys open water boating with quick access to Galveston Bay and out to the Gulf of Mexico . It also sounds as if you will need a commercial and residential real estate agent. I've lived all over Houston since 1976 but fell in love with Clear Lake and made it my home in 1990. There is so much to consider and you have not provided adequate information such as actual price range versus "reasonable" and what kind of business you are opening? What kind of demographics do you require/desire for your business? Houston is subdivision city. Would you prefer to live in a subdivision that is part of a planned community or would you be just as happy in a subdivision that is not part of a planned community?

Go to http://www.debbierussell.com/
For statistical information about housing in the Greater Clear Lake area

Feel free to call me (281)-910-2001
Debbie Russell
UTR -Texas REALTORS
There are lots of factors to consider when we are helping clients make those decisions. It isn't a "one size fits all" answer. Only you can decide what is the most advantageous location for you and your business!
There truly are dozens of great areas in and around Houston to move to, each with it's own benefits and disappointments. Although some would argue that moving to the Woodlands/Conroe/Lake Conroe area is insane given the influx of people that are moving in; I tend to disagree. There are several affordable communities in Montgomery County that could certainly be a fit. The big thing that you have to know moving into Houston is your own personality, we have a little bit for everyone. Do you like Trees? Are you the type of person that likes finding new places that have been just around the corner for two years or would you prefer to see all of the stores and restaurants as you drive down the street. Would you prefer to have a condo in the center of a business district? Houston is a buffet of cultures, climates and experiences. If we can be of any help, please don't hesitate to call. I am available anytime on my cell 281-948-0619.

Jason Stanfield REALTOR®
jstanfield@ovationrealty.com
Ovation Realty, Inc.
281-305-4070
There are so many areas to Houston with different prices and size and style of homes. This question is best answered with a phone interview. Give me a call. Irby Rozelle, Martha Turner Properties, 281-684-7244
There are so many factors to consider here. The type of office or business is important to know. PLEASE consider contacting a Realtor® (preferably one of us on this forum) so that we can assist you in a professional manner. That is why we are on this forum.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
http://www.yournewhomehouston.com
arnold@yournewhomehouston.com
713-396-2017
Consider the Clear Lake area - versus the booming North side of town. It depends on the kind of business you will open. Exxon is bringing in 35,000 employees to The Woodlands - there is a shortage of everything in The Woodlands. Whereas the NASA cut backs affected the NASA support companies - there are good deals to be gotten in both residential real estate and in commercial real estate. Check out my website http://www.debbierussell.com for residential statistics by month and by price band .
Are you looking to live closet to downtown or about twenty to thirty minutes out in the nice suburb's? What size home are you looking for and what type of amenities are you looking for? The further you are from downtown the less you pay and the more you get for your money. Now there are some very nice areas outside of the downtown area as in Seabrook, Clear Lake, Katy, Kings wood, and more.

Please fee free to call me directly at 832-867-7253 or email me at Daniel@pmrproperties.com
Meghan,

Lots of different choices around Houston. Might suggest the northwest side of the city (Cypress, Cy-Fair are common names for the area). This area's real estate prices are still a little low compared to areas like Katy and The Woodlands. However, in the next 5 years, this area should be rebounding with the expansion of Highway 290 and the opening of the Grand Parkway Loop.

"Affordable" can mean a lot of different things. Needless to say home prices can go as low at $80,000 and as high as $1 million+!! An office can also be a variety of business, but again...this northwest area has everything you would be looking for including great schools, plenty of entertainment/dining options and master planned communities. Plenty of business large and small make this area their home.

Let us know if we can assist you. I have been working with relocating buyers for over 20 years.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hello Meghan,

As my peers suggested, you have several options depending on your criteria.

When you mention affordable, a bottom-line budget would help us to recommend cerrtain areas. Since Houston is such a vast area, you will also want to consider your commute to and from your office. Katy, Sugar Land, Spring, etc. blend in with Houston, so those are additional choices.

Ultimately, the availability, the price range, type of home (beds, baths, etc.), will determine what you can choose from. We would love to give you recommendations, but some more information would be very helpful. When are you looking to move into Houston and what is your time frame to get into the new home. Are you looking to purchase right away or rent first. I help with Apartment rentals as well, so please let me know what I can assist you with.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Spring Branch is the next hot area in my opinion. You already have huge revitalization in parts. The eastern villages you have $500k=$1mil plus. However, you can still find pockets $100-$250k. I think Spring Branch West is the best growth opportunity. City Centre, TIRZ 17 , Memorial and Spring Branch Mgmt. districts are all going to see to it the values increase there.
Web Reference: http://www.DaveRealty.com
Whether sp^ got to love smart phones... Ha!
Hey Meghan,

I'm currently helping a few people now both from trulia and with relocation. There are several areas in the Greater Houston Area that can meet your request. To be honest any Realtor including myself will need some more information to better assist you. Examples- Price Range, Area, Schools, Home Size, close to your office?

For an accurate answer and just not a "I know the perfect places" please feel free to contact me and we can talk further. Weather you contact me or another Realtor I wish you the beat of luck and would like to say welcome to Houston. I've lived here my entire life and love to call this place home!

Talk soon,

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com

http://Www.HouseHuntingHouston.com
Hey Meghan! I am helping several people relocate now and would love to send you a very detailed email with some different areas in and around Houston. Send me your email address and I will forward the email on to you! Talk to you soon!

Diane Schrakamp
Total Real Estate Services
832-620-6304
Dschrakamp@gmail.com
Hello Meghan, welcome to Houston! The best places are really going to be determined by your budget and the type of business you are opening. The best place to live right now is Northwest, Inner Loop, and West Houston with lots of wiggle room in between these areas.

Give me a call...I'd be happy to learn more about your preferences and your business. Then we can identify the best areas for your particular needs.

Ramonica Caldwell
832-293-5385
http://www.har.com/ramonicacaldwell
http://www.facebook.com/ramonicasellshomes
Meghan ...

Welcome to Houston! I'll need a bit more information, so that I may focus in on locations ...

Do you plan to lease or purchase a home? What is your budget?
What type of office are you planning to open? Will there be "traffic?"
What are your major considerations ... schools, proximity to freeways, shopping, distance from downtown. etc.?

If you'll get back to me (my e-mail is below) we can further discuss matters. My wife/working partner and I have welcomed many new Houstonians, and look forward to working with you. I await your reply.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
There are so many great areas - what type of business?
Retail or professional services? If schools are important, I highly recommend the Cypress Fairbanks ISD and Katy ISD. Then you can narrow it down from there. I am at your service.
Flag Sun May 5, 2013