Moving in New Boston>Question Details

Tracy, Home Buyer in Crestview, FL

We are relocating from FL due to my hubby accepting a job at New Boston Naval Air Station. What are some?

Asked by Tracy, Crestview, FL Thu Mar 5, 2009

family friendly, good schools, etc areas we should look for a home in? We would like to have a commute of no more than 20-30minutes

Answers

4
Hi Tracy,

New Boston is a quaint town and a great place to raise your children. It is in close proximity to 2 Mountain resorts for skiing and a River that has two different kinds of Salmon and also Trout and this makes for great fishing. The New Boston Naval Air Station is only minutes away and my 3.80 Acres has an old charm and totally renovated. Plenty of places for the children to play, large barn and a tree swing and a wonderful stream with a small pond. My house is located on 13 Clark Hill Rd, New Boston. Come on by and visit.
Depending on the age of your children, I would reccomend New Boston. We are selling our home and have many great neighbors and quite a few chidren. If you haven't found a place, please consider ours. We are about 5 minutes from the Air Station.

jacksonvillejack@msn.com
Hi Tracy

You are thinking along the right lines as every town in NH is different based on our system of local control. It is largely the schools that govern the value of the community.

New Boston itself is a great area and a destination town for people that work in Mancheter or South.
Or cut through Dunbarton and go to Hopkinton which would put you at just under the 30 minute mark. Among the best schools in the state but with a small town feel yet still close to Concord and Manchester.

Best of luck.

Steve
Web Reference: http://www.zetlandhomes.com
Hi Tracy
Let me welcome you to New England! I can certainly recommend some of the neighboring towns that have good schools, but I'm always concerned when somebody moves to New Hampshire from a warm-climate state. It's not that I wouldn't welcome an opportunity to sell your family a house, but some families have a difficult time making the transition. You may want to consider the possibility of renting a house before making the long-term commitment of a home purchase.

Now, to answer your question. There are 2 towns that I could recommend to you: Amherst and Bedford. Both of these towns are considered family friendly, and have highly regarded school systems. Large sections of each of these towns would definitely fall within the 20-30 minute drive to the Air Station. Both Bedford and Amherst are considered "upscale towns" with great schools, and taxes are somewhat higher than other towns don't have as much to offer.

You are welcome to contact me at your convenience--I'd be happy to fill you in on some of the amenities of living in either of these very nice towns.
Web Reference: http://www.SNHhome.com
Look at 101 Byam Rd...you may like it!
Flag Wed Sep 4, 2013