Moving in San Jose>Question Details

kaylamydragon, Home Owner in San Jose, CA

We are planning to move from Brunswick, New Jersey to San Jose, California.

Asked by kaylamydragon, San Jose, CA Fri Jun 15, 2012

I'd appreciate your recommendation for a good, reliable interstate moving company. I've been looking for one on the internet and contacted a couple of them. The process is so stressful because they gave us different stories and I can sort them out to verify them. We are a senior couple trying to move close to our family. If you could give us the name of a good moving company that you know of, that would help us tremendously.

Thank you for your help.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in San Jose

Answers

5
Kay -

Just be aware of scams.

Movers that come in and quote you one estimated price.. start to ship your items and at the "hub" in say, St. Paul Minnesota, they realize that.. "Oops" the load was weighed incorrectly and that it will be an additional $2000 to deliver to San Jose.

Oh, can't pay that? Hmm.. we will keep it in storage until you can.

Classic shakedown, just recently happend to a friend of mine son... live and learn. ask questions.
Steve Morgan and All Brunswick Movers, Wheaton. Honest , Reliable.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 15, 2012
You have received some referrals.

When moving the fees are calculated in various ways, make sure they explain what that means to you.

1) By weight they will look at your belongings and give you an estimate of the weight. Once they pack you they weigh the load. Ask them what guarantee on the weight and overage cost would be.

2) By the hour. This usually isn't factored in for long distance moving.

3) By the amount of space. This can be more costly because it has to do with the amount of boxes and space your items consume.

The other thing to understand is the insurance. Insurance for lost or broken items may be based on the weight of the item. Be sure you understand what you are getting in the insurance before signing the contract.

May your move be uneventful and welcome to our beautiful City.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
I recommend tht you contact Mayflower Moving Company in your area.

My clients have been very happy with them.
This would be my choice as well.... Have heard only good things from past clients.
Flag Fri Jun 15, 2012

Congratulations on making the move closer to your family! I am sure you will love the moderate climate out on the west coast.

Here is a link to some moving companies in New Jersey. You can look at the reviews from recent clients. I like to read the negative ones just to see what the biggest complaints are. You may find some may be relevant or not.

http://www.mymovingreviews.com/usa/new-jersey-movers-nj-31

Hope this helps!! If the link isn't helpful...I apologize. You can call me and I will help the best way possible.

Ivan Diaz
Home Mortgage Consultant
idiaz@lhfinancial.com
(415) 271-7740 direct
I have the best in the area! In South Brunswick, NJ Wheaton Van Lines. Steve morgan is the owner of the company, and Wheaton are the only movers that I reccomend.

Wheaton has moved people all over the US for me. Arizona, Florida, San Francisco, Seattle and many, many local moves also. I can not speak highly enough of Steve Morgan and Wheaton Van Lines.

Not one complaint. not one. Ever. It takes a lot to get a referral from me and I only work with the best!

Call:

Wheaton Van Lines
Steve Morgan, Owner Operator.
Office: (732) 274-1881
Direct: 908-208-6061
Website: http://www.allbrunswick.com/

Email: SMorgen@allbrunswick.com

Tell him John Sacktig sent you!