Moving in Miami>Question Details

Rkst38, Other/Just Looking in Bethesda, MD

We are a young couple (somewhat hippie) with a new child (4 mos old) moving to Miami area for job (health care). Could you guide us to safe, clean?

Asked by Rkst38, Bethesda, MD Mon Dec 27, 2010

We are moving for work to Miami area from Bethesda, MD and are looking for safe, clean communities in Miami area. We would love to find socially conscious areas (organic food markets, yoga studios) near Miami. I can definitely commute upto 30min each day. Also, activities for kids and decent school systems would be a great plus. thanks much.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Miami

Answers

16
I would suggest Coconut Grove. Although it has grown up alot Coconut Grove still retains it's eclectic small town character. Best of Luck.

Marsha Montoya Mayer- Realtor
Paradise Properties of Florida, Inc.
Get ready for a big adventure!! Miami is dynamic and vibrant, never boring although sometimes sketchy. You will meet many people exactly like yourselves and many who are completely opposite. As with the DC metro area, it all works well together.
I read through these responses and I'm frankly surprised none of the agents suggested Miami Shores in light of the fact that you will be working in North Miami. Miami Shores is a large established area along the bayfront with mostly custom built homes from the 1930's to the 1960's. In the 1990's after South Beach became a little too popular and pricey, many first time homebuyers came into The Shores to buy and renovate. The end result has been an amazing transformation through gentrification and an involved community of people who know their neighbors and support activities in the City. They have a revitalized Main Street, community theatre, youth center with sports programs and quiet tree lined streets with many young families. It will remind you in a good way of Bethesda.
The adjacent cities of El Portal and Biscayne Park are also going through the revitalization metamorphisis. You will find many socially concious new and old residents to befriend along with interesting, non-national chain store shopping and easy access to all the events and attractions of South Florida with the headache of a commute.
I hope that helps your search!! Doug DeWitt - Concierge Real Estate Sevices - Miami Beach
I can help, call Rapid Realty NYC.com 516-574-9859 ask for Neci Novak ., or go directly to Rapid Realty NYC.com on your internet link and request miami listings.
The Best of Luck and Assistance with your moving.

Neci Novak
Rapid Realty Agent
NYC Offices
516-574-9859
http://www.rapid realty.nyc.com
I live in the North Miami area and have many clients relocate to Miami.

As you see from many of my colleagues who have responded to you, we have many questions in return that will help us serve your needs the best.

I always recommend calling a few agents and see who you are comfortable with and find the most knowledgeable for you situation.

I am available seven days a week. Feel free to call me, think I can be helpful.

Chris Vane
305-721-6373 is my cell phone.
Are you looking to rent or buy? I would be happy to send you listings from a few areas that meet your criteria. Do you want your children in Public or Private schools? What are the ages? Call me if you would like to talk. I live, work and have raised 3 children here. Hope to talk to you soon-Pam

Pam Mayers-EWM Real Estate
305-216-5864
Chairmans Club, Top 2% in the Nation
I would suggest the Coconut Grove/ Coral Gables area.

The residents of Coconut Grove were originally free spirted people. Now the area is as socially conscious as it gets in Miami. The residents also have been fighting large scale development for years.

In Coconut Grove/ Coral Gables there are great schools nearby and many small artisian shops . Fresh market, Gardeners Market and Whole Foods are located around the area.

Another option is Brickell, which is less then 15 mins away. Brickell is more of a high rise area but there are many yoga studios and restaurants around. Many young professionals live in Brickell as well.

Please see my website below to search for properties in Coconut Grove, give me a call and I would be happy to assist you! 954.829.1447 or Mannyingco@gmail.com, Keyes Realtors
Thanks for all your answers. I will be working in North Miami and was hoping to live North between Miami and Ft. Lauderadale in type of area that I mentioned above. Thanks
You did not mention if you have financing in place already. If you don't, please give me a call to discuss the specific job requirements when you are moving from another state to Florida. If you do have financing in place, I can give you a second opinion on what will be required. If you are paying cash, you are set. Thanks.

Jose Morales
Florida Mortgage Coach
561-432-9237
info@floridamortgagecoach.com
I'm sure you would like the Pinecrest area. There is a Whole Foods grocery store. The area is one of our more desired and there's lots for kids to do. (tennis, soccer, plenty of parks and more) horseback riding about 5 min away and great public and private schools. It's also centrally located so it's not much of a commute to anywhere in Miami. I also live in this area.

Feel free to contact me directly at 305-323-5195.
Welcome to Miami! We'll need a few more details to narrow down the search:

Where you are working in order to figure out what's in your commuting range?
How large of a home are you looking for?
Are you considering Condos or Townhomes?

That's enough to ensure you get a Realtor that fits the market you are looking in. Other important paramaters should be set when you meet.

Some of the top markets that may have what you're looking at:
Coconut Grove (Whole foods market, 2 parks, good schools, & Shops @ Cocowalk are nearby attractions).
Some of Miami's Key's/Ilsands (proximity to South beach, which has plenty of shops, Stores, Yoga, Organic foods etc.).
Coral Gables and Pinecrest will have similar qualities, with some of the best shcools and neighborhoods that Miami has to offer.
Miami as I'm sure you know is a very large community, divided into numerous neighborhoods. Do you know where you'll be working? If you have already landed the job and know at what location you'll be commuting daily we could make recommendations around that destination.
sue can.
call 305 903 4456
The best areas that fall into the criteria you described would be the South Miami area or the Coral Gables area. Of course there are so many other intangibles that go into this decision. If you like you can give me a call and we discuss.

Orlando Perez, Broker for
Stonemason Realty, LLC
1205 Lincoln Road, Suite #211
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Phone: 305.531.9470
Cell 305.336.7513
Fax: 305.531.9469
Email: Orlando@stonemasonfund.com
hi. many, many places. depends on your place of employment and budget. too many options to write inside this small, white text box. feel free to call me at 305-331-5635... thanks!! lily
Yers! I can guide you towards the best- Will need a few more details!

Waterway Realty, Realtors
Aventura | Bal Harbour | Sunny Isles
Mott Marvin Kornicki