Moving in Trinidad>Question Details

Bootstraps, Home Buyer in Trinidad, CO

WATER - who delivers, wells, where can you buy it, is any well ok? how do i find if my well is working, any info for rural CR 40 35 acre parcels?

Asked by Bootstraps, Trinidad, CO Fri Feb 10, 2012

im relocating and any pertinent info, specifically water information would be appreciated and very helpful. i have been to all the web sites i can find and still can get much info. Does everyone out there just haul water, is it just part of life or can a person use their well? how do i find out the status of the well on the place? im moving from denver to a 35 acre parcel and dont know where to even begin! thanks in advance :)

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Trinidad

Answers

2
You can buy water in Valdez at an automated water station. You have to go to the city to get a card. You can then buy however much you have paid for and dump it in your cistern. There is also a person in town that sells water. When we were there, the city charge was .01 per gallon and the guy in town was .02 per gallon. There is also a company called Water Works Plus owned by Fred Baros--He will deliver but I don't know how much he charges. He also drills wells.
How awesome! 35 acres in Trinidad! Mostly know Trinidad as a place to stop before heading into New Mexico. I've always meant to explore it more. Looks like a great place. I love small cities.

The information you are looking for probably can be learned through the local agricultural agent. There probably is a well on your site. The county can help you find that if the real estate agent you worked with doesn't have that information.

You don't want to bring in water by the bottle, even the big bottles. Very expensive. Most of the water people I know are doing residential and commercial irrigation service. You might ask the ag agent if he has a list of system servicing companies. One of these would be able to refer you if they don't drill.

On the other side of the mountain, Alamosa taps an underground water source. Until recently, that water was drinkable without any filtration or treating. Try those sources. If you're still not finding what you need, visit a local bar and strike up a conversation with the locals. Businesses still advertise in the Yellow Pages ...