Moving in Ashland>Question Details

Marsha Mayer, Real Estate Pro in WEST PALM BEACH, FL

Suggestions please for a couple over 45 wanting to live in a pretty town with less than 10,000 population?

Asked by Marsha Mayer, WEST PALM BEACH, FL Tue Aug 31, 2010

Where would be a nice town to live in New Hampshire for baby boomers ...with views, natural sourroundings and a vibrant and cute downtown ?

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Ashland

North Conway. Visit Littleton also. See what you think.
Hi Marsha,
All of the towns listed below are great places! Each special in its own way.
This is a great link to look up information on a specific town.
Hope it is helpful and please let me know if you need additional information!
Have a great day!
I would suggest looking at the Dartmouth / Lake Sunapee region. There are many small towns ranging from a thousand or less to 5 or 6 thousand. The towns of Sunapee and New London have vibrant town centers with many artisans, retail stores and restaurants.

We have created a video that you can see at the website below to get a preview of what life is like in our region. If you have any other questions, just give me a call.

Web Reference:
I have worked with many buyers over the years (27 to be exact) and I applaud you for asking the most important question first. Before price, home style, size, etc comes, where in the world would you like to live. As a family we moved to the White Mountains in 1983. While I work many hours every week in the real estate business, we have 2 offices covering 20 towns in Northern New Hampshire, I feel like every day is a vacation. The White Mountain National Forest surrounds us (700,000 acres), there is lots of skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, swimming, fishing, golf and much more to do including cultural events, music and theater as well as educational opportunities. Towns like Easton, Franconia, Sugar HIll, Bethlehem, and LIttleton to mention a few meet your size criteria, have easy access to Interstate 93, mountain views and clean air. Littleton, the largest of the towns with about 7000 has everything you would ever need including a quaint, walkable Main Steet with sidewalks on both sides, but within a few miles you can be living in the country. Home prices are very reasonable depending on your needs. Best of luck in your search. If you want to discuss more details, give us a call or check with the Littleton, Franconia or Bethlehem Chambers of Commerce.
Web Reference:
Hello Marsha- It depends like Scott said. Towns like Wolfeboro or Meredith on the lakes are really nice with nice village/ downtown areas. Or maybe up near Sunapee and close to the Dartmouth-Lebanon area.
Ken L.
There are several towns under 10k population, i think it depends if you want to be near the seacoast, near the lakes, near the mountains or in Southern NH close to major cities and population areas. What you want to pay also has a big factor, as near any recreation area, seacoast or southern Nh will be more than the much rural area's.
Web Reference:
Would you who know New Hampshire well...answer my question.

Marsha Montoya Mayer- Realtor
Paradise Properties of Florida
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010