Moving in Sammamish>Question Details

Zsolt67, Renter in Meriden, CT

Single guy moving to Sammamish area, is this a very boring place for me? I am 45 not a kid and have friends in the area, I will be moving from CT.

Asked by Zsolt67, Meriden, CT Mon Apr 1, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Sammamish

Answers

7
At the risk of "steering," one of the definitions being selecting areas for people to live in or avoid based on their AGE and MARITAL STATUS . . .

To my mind, Z, you have a choice. You can live in the party, close to the party, or away from the party. You go to NYC a lot, you don't live upstairs from the clubs, across the street from the museums, down the block from the stadiums - you (probably) live in a residential area and GO to the happening places.

Sammamish is a residential community with commercial (shopping, dining, services) and recreational (as mentioned below) amenities. It is not a college town.

See you soon!
Zsolt67,
As a Sammamish resident since 1988, let me tell you a bit about the place. We have many trails for hiking or mountain biking. There is a skate park if you are into skate boarding. Sammamish is about 20 to 30 minutes from Bellevue & Kirkland where there are clubs and late night restaurants. We have some small lakes if you like fishing and Lake Sammamish for a wide array of water sports.
We are 40 – 60 minutes to the mountains for more challenging hikes and skiing. Downtown Seattle is 35-45 minutes depending on the time of day for a huge array of activities. Our transit system is pretty good but you may need to drive to a park & ride.
It will really come down to what you're looking for. Sammamish isn't cheap, but more affordable than downtown or central Kirkland and parts of Bellevue.
Depends on what you like to do and if your friends are in the area it certainly helps. Areas mentioned below have a heavier density of clubs, bars, restaurants if that is what you are looking for. If you want to be close to skiing, mountain biking, hiking and have access to some bars, restaurants then Sammamish, Issaquah area can be fun. Water ski or boating on Lake Sammamish is another option. Fun is what you define it to be and this area has it's share.

Seattle, Kirkland, Ballard are all within a reasonable driving distance to be enjoyed as well.

I would be glad to tell you more if you are interested.

James

James Christoforou
Managing Broker
RE/MAX Integrity
371 NE Gilman Blvd. Ste 160
Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone: 425-391-1997
Fax: 425-391-0626
http://www.homejames-seattle.com
What does a Sammamish Resident do for fun? He goes to Bellevue or Kirkland. If he is not concerned about driving too much, he heads into Seattle.

Do not get me wrong I have lived in Sammamish for 9 years now. It's a great place to relax and super good family community. But for Singles..Not so much.

If you would like more information on what's happening on the "East Side" ,and how to stay close to your friends, contact me as well. I would be happy to advise.

Chuck
It's not likely more boring than Meriden CT. :) A lot pricier though...
It really depends on what you call boring vs entertaining. I recommend that you get a short term rental in Downtown Kirkland or Bellevue until you get accustomed to the area. Not a good idea to buy before experiencing the area first hand for a bit.
Flag Mon Apr 1, 2013
Thats for sure on both counts, my friends live in Sammamish thats why I would like to be close.
Flag Mon Apr 1, 2013
Yes, it is very boring. See what Stephen wrote below. Call if you want to have a conversation about the areas.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Yep it will be boring for a single guy.
You will find Kirkland and Old Bellevue offfer lively activity but Queen Ann, Ballard, and Greenlake are the most fun.

Best of Luck, Stephen
Your-Road-Home.com