Moving in Wilmington>Question Details

Rick Beltz, Home Seller in Lansing, MI

Relocation to the NC Coast in 2014

Asked by Rick Beltz, Lansing, MI Tue Dec 3, 2013

We are a semi-retired, couple in our mid-60s looking to possibly relocate to the North Carolina coast in 2014. We previously lived in the Piedmont Triad for 8 years and are generally familiar with North Carolina. We have also lived in 4 other states when I worked full-time and traveled a lot for my work.

We would like to have as many of the following as possible:

* Access to beaches within a reasonable driving distance. My wife loves the ocean and I need salt air and salt water for my nasal congestion and skin problems.
* Access to music teachers and the arts. We are both musical and play piano and organ.
* A location where we can identify with other retirees.
* Quiet, semi-rural living in a small town with low crime. Outside of Wilmington.
* Home health care work availability. My wife is a CNA/HHA and works part-time.
* Reasonable housing cost of about $700/mo.
* Access to chiropractic care

Any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

6
Hi Mr. Belz,

You have chosen the right place to look! This is an absolutely gorgeous area and can provide you with all that you are looking for. Everything you have said is just screaming Hampstead! I would love to help you in any way possible. Please feel free to contact me at anytime!

Kindest Regards,
Zach
910-604-0523
ZachLucas7@gmail.com
Mr. Beltz,

Leland would be a good location to start your search, Hampstead may work too. There are several neighborhoods that would meet your requirements. With rates and prices as they are now you could purchase cheaper than renting. Renting is a little harder to find especially at $700 a month. There is a high demand for rental properties at this time. Before you rent or buy contact a real estate agent to find out about the neighborhood and area for information you can not find online.

Nancy Nipper
910-448-1448
nancy@nancynipper.com
http://www.nancynipper.com
About all that is currently available online in Leland for under $50K are mobile homes. Here in Lansing, MI we bought a 3-brm house in good condition for about $52K. The real state market everywhere has been way overpriced for at least the last 25 years. We are semi-retired and on somewhat of a fixed income, although my wife does work part-time.
Flag Wed Dec 4, 2013
You have lots of choices here in the area, for your budget of $700/month would that also include taxes and insurance? One thing to note anywhere near the coast in NC is that you are going to be looking at Wind & Hail Insurance so make sure that you are weighing that into your monthly budgeting.

Feel free to call and we can talk through the things to consider and we can get you on the right path.

Thanks -Jeff

Jeff Lesley
910-297-7071
JLesley@Century21Sweyer.com
We will be looking to rent, probably not to buy right away. Rent to own is a possibility. Thanks.
Flag Tue Dec 3, 2013
Mr. Beltz,

I am happy to set you up with your own personal portal in my MLS system that will email you homes that meet your specific criteria as they come on the market. This will eliminate wasted hours searching homes that are not a good fit.

I do also want to mention that in NC, buyer agency is provided to you at no cost. Which means that I can represent you for free.

Please email me your detailed criteria & I will get this service set up for you right away.

Aimee Freeman
Aimee@KirkPughRealty.com
http://wilmingtonhomes.kwrealty.com
Flag Tue Dec 3, 2013
We have all of your requests available in the greater Wilmington area. I have been an agent with Intracoastal Realty for 10 yrs. and would welcome an opportunity to talk with you and share homes with you that would meet your needs. Please give me a call!!
Diane Moore Steelman
910-520-8150
Flag Tue Dec 3, 2013
Mr. Beltz,

My name is Adam Sink, and I am a Realtor here in the Wilmington area with Intracoastal Realty. I would love to help you with your relocation to the coastal area. An area that sounds like a suitable fit for what you are searching for may be Hampstead. This is a more rural area outside of Wilmington that is between Topsail beach, and the Wilmington areas. There are also many other areas similar around Wilmington as well. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me anytime.

Adam Sink
Broker/Realtor
(910) 214-0352
asink@intracoastalrealty.com
Flag Tue Dec 3, 2013