Moving in Pittsburgh>Question Details

Dbdaniel, Renter in Pittsburgh, PA

Relocating from S. FL to Pittsburgh. Looking to rent a house in Mt. Lebanon or similar school district but see 0 online. Have 2 kids/need 4br.

Asked by Dbdaniel, Pittsburgh, PA Mon May 23, 2011

We are renting because we need to keep our house in FL and rent it out. If we sold it we would lose our entire down payment . Are rental homes available in the suburbs of Pittsburgh?

Answers

6
There are two homes I found on the multi-list in Mt. Lebanon. The 4 bedroom home rents for $2,499 per month and the 3 bedroom rents for $2000. However, my recommendation would be to visit the different neighborhoods in Pittsburgh, find one you like and feel comfortable in, and then check out the school district by talking to parents and visiting the schools. If there is something I know after being in education for 30 years is that ratings are misleading. You need to examine the school's programs and determine if they are the right match for your child. I am working with a parent who is moving from the North Allegheny school system (rated very highly) to the Pittsburgh School District because her daughter was accepted at a prestigious magnet school for the performing arts. If she did not move within the city limits, she would have to pay $14,000. for tuition. If you would like further assistance, feel free to give me a call. Good luck! (And by the way, there are homes to rent in the suburbs).
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 23, 2011
Glad to have more people moving to Pittsburgh from out of state!

In addition to sales, I'm a rental agent with Coldwell Banker in Pittsburgh, and our property management division is also able to help locate rental homes for you. As you've found, it can be a frustrating search online, because there's often not much that comes on and when it does, it often goes off quickly. I'd be happy to help you in your search, and know there are at least a few options in Mount Lebanon right now. Feel free to contact me at tim.gyves@pittsburghmoves.com and we can discuss your other needs and price range.

you can also visit our page below, an easy and convenient way to search for rentals (or homes for sale) in areas of your choice.
School Digger will help you find the school district that suits your needs. For the highest ranking districts in the Pittsburgh area, they list South Fayette, Upper St. Clair, North Allegheny, Mt. Lebanon, Penn-Trafford, Fox Chapel and Canon-McMillan in the top 30 statewide.

Realtor.com does list a few 4BR homes for rent right now. More will likely come on the market when the school year ends.

I can also get you in touch with Northwood Realty Services relocation department to help you in your search.
You are in luck! I just got a listing today for a 4 br, 2.5 bath in the Fox Chapel school district which is a very highly rated Pa. school district (please do your own research). I have not put the listing online yet, as photos need to be taken, paperwork needs to be finalized, etc...but, please give me a call at 412-477-7187 and I will be happy to show you the home. It has a new kitchen w/granite counters and stainless appliances, a lovely deck, all hardwood floors, and can be rented furnished or unfurnished. It is well-priced, too. Rentals are difficult to come by in the Fox Chapel school district.
Hi Dbdaniel,

If you'd like a list of homes for lease in this area and similar areas. Shoot me an email. A lot will be coming available with the school year ending. Just let me know the time frame you're looking to relocate. Also, if your in town in between the time you relocate, you can also stop by our office we'd be glad to help.
Thanks for your question Dbdaniel. At my office, RE/MAX Advanced REALTORS, we also do property management so I would would love to help you out. Feel free to contact me at your convenience to get started.