Each building in NYC has a specific set of move in procedures. Make sure you contact the building management and ask for proper procedure. They may ask for a deposit, require that the movers provide insurance, regulate moving hours, may need to pad elevators, may direct you to a service entrance and more. Make sure you check with management!
Licensed Real Estate Broker & Brokerage
"The Upper West Side's Buyer Broker"
331 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023
Office: 212 721-3301 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://joliemuss.com Trulia: http://www.trulia.com/profile/jolie
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jojomuss LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joliemuss
Krystyna Rachtan, Licensed Real Estate Broker
NEW YORK HOME RE
295 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017
I hired Imperial Moving so I'll leave you a bit info for you about them below
Imperial Moving and Storage maintains $2 million worth of General Liability insurance, as well as required Workers’ Compensation insurance coverage. Many residential and commercial office buildings in New York City require insurance certificates prior to any work performed on the premises. The amount of insurance a company carries is an important factor when choosing a mover;
Relocation can be a fun experience if it is cautiously planned. As against doing the packing, loading and unloading on your own, when you hire professional movers to do the job for you, it saves you a lot of time, effort and tension. The job of relocating can be rather an adventure if you are planning to make New York City your new house. To relieve your worry and tension, rent the services of any of the professional NYC movers.
All types of relocating services including packing, loading, providing storage facility, carrying them and lastly unpacking them are usually undertaken by movers. There is no room for worry when you take great movers as they take care of everything on the way. Being proficient, reliable and experts, movers NYC can handle packing and unpacking rather effortlessly. Executing a background check on the company before employing their services is a advised practice. The internet is the easiest place to search for NYC movers. The services and charges of several service providers can be compared on the internet to receive the feasible option.
A list of nearly all NYC movers is rendered by the Yellow Pages and Internet. Quotations can be obtained by reaching them over the telephone or online. The usual practice of most companies is to get your items inspected by a representative before providing their quotation. The costs will change from company to company dependent on factors like distance between your present residence and NYC and the number of items to be relocated. Inspect whether the charges quoted includes all services you demanded for as well. Quotes given has to be equated with current market values. Try to personally visit these companies, if possible, to check their standing. Before you settle on a date to move, see if its possible for negotiation and then finalize the contract.
The permits of NYC movers must be obligatorily received from the New York State Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration and Department of Consumer affairs. Your mover also has to mandatory have these documents. Verify that all kinds of accidents can be handled effectively with sufficient insurance coverage. At the time unpacking, the inventory of items must be cross checked with the list got before leaving. File a complaint with the movers in case of damaged things or if there is any disagreement.
Contact Vinnie The Mover at 212 400 8679 or go to his website http://www.advantagemovers.net and obtain your quotation to have a tension free relocation. Your best way to relocate
The trick to the right packing is having the correct resources needed to pack your things. When you decide to do your own packing then the following tips will get you started. If you think that you cannot pack certain items then consult your movers for assistance. These tips will help you in every aspect for getting started:
1. Start doing your moving preparations as soon as you can after deciding on your date.
2. Make sure that you understand all the terms and regulations of your contract.
3. When you are planning to pack on your own then start from before, avoid the last minute packing hurry.
4. Very fragile items such as crystal, glasses and portraits should be skillfully packed by movers.
5. Never pack liquids that are open as they can leak and cause damage to your other things during the move.
6. Label your boxes according to the room they will be moved in for example: kidsâ€™ bedroom, kitchen, basement etc.
7. Label all the boxes with bold letters and use permanent markers. If you are moving a long distance then also write the destination on each one. If you want you can print out labels and stick on the boxes.
8. Inform all your neighbors about your moving date so they will not get bothered by all the noise and if the road gets blocked because of the moving truck.
9. Disconnect all your main appliances and utility services before your moving date.
10. Unfreeze your fridge and freezer the day before moving and all freezers should not have anything during the move.
11. Organize of all flammables such as matches, aerosol cans and oils before your moving date.
12. It is not required for you to empty all dresser drawers but ensure that there is nothing fragile and flammable.
13. Carry your money, credit cards, ornaments and valuable papers with you as movers will not take accountability for these items of "extraordinary value."
14. Make sure you have your cell phone with all the contacts that you may need.
15. Contact your Moving Company 2 to 3 days earlier to your move to settle and review all final particulars about your moving.
16. Review the Inventory Form with your company and condition of your goods at the time of loading.
17. Make a note of your delivery registering number found in the upper right hand of your Bill of Lading and keep it with you as it is very important in case you need to call your mover with inquiries about your shipment.
18. Make sure all your things are in the truck and then do a survey to make sure. Do a complete a walk-through of your residence with your moving foreman.
19. After loading all your items make sure the crew has your number so they call you as soon as they reach to the new location.
20. If your moving occurs during harsh climate conditions, allow your electrical equipment to adjust before plugging them in at your new house.
21. Check your Inventory listing documents with the movers as your goods are unloaded. Make sure any items that are lost are recognized and removed from the truck if they are there before the truck along with the team leaves.
22. Keep a duplicate of your contract as most of the moves are tax deductible. Request your Moving Company for additional info. I've used Cube Moving you can find more moving tips on their site. http://www.cubemoving.com/
Each building is different in NYC and some do require it for the mover to gain access to the elevators. You should call your management and let them know.
Broker / Owner
CNYC PROPERTIES, LLC
108 E 31st St. Ground Floor I New York, New York 10016
O: 646 559 1796 I M: 786 797 6777 I F: 917 591 8260