Moving in Pittsburgh>Question Details

Greg Herzog, Renter in Monroe, LA

Possibly moving south of Pittsburgh in the Washington area with wife and 2 kids.

Asked by Greg Herzog, Monroe, LA Fri Feb 11, 2011

I am hopefully moving south of Pittsburgh in the next month or two with my wife and two children. My office will be in the Washington area and i want a nice 2or3 bedroom apartment, townhome, or house. Any help with finding this for around 1000.00 or less per month? I am also willing to look between Washington and Downtown. I just want a nice safe area at a decent price...

Answers

6
Brian Teyssier’s answer
Hey Greg,

I am from the Washington area. Are you open to purchasing instead of renting? The benefits of purchasing far out weigh renting in the Pittsburgh market. I can forward you some local links to stories on our wonderful market over here. I can also set you up on a free, automated e-mail search so you can see what is out there for what price before you move so you can make an educated decision. Feel free to contact me. Hope this helps, enjoy your day! :-)
Greg,

I would stay in Washington or close by on the pittsburgh side. Traveling 79 will get old fast every day. The trek into town on ocassion will not be bad with a destination in mind. I live in the Moroeville area so I cant help witha place out there. I did do maintenance on a plan out there Meadowbrook Commons you may want to get in touch with Community Management Solutions in Carnegie. This plan is maint free and has a pool, club house, and playground.

http://www.communitymanagementsolutions.com/references.htm

Good Luck

Marcus
Greg
There should be no problem as long as you have good credit. Plenty of appartments will rent this spring under $1000 a month. If you credit is fine you can buy many homes in this area for less than the rent. You will be paying someones mortgage yours or someone elses. Keep in mind the wealthy among us are more than happy to take your rent money to increase thier retirements. That could be you in a few years if you take a chance. Just thought I would put it in perspective.
Benny Smith
Greg,

Plenty of good options open to you in those areas- If you can spend 1000.00 a month you are definately able to buy a home- There are several different programs available to you and I can also get you closing cost assistance! Peters Twp would be a good place to start looking- If you decide you would prefer to just rent I can help you with that as well- Give me a call or e mail and lets get started!. 412 576 5561- therockinrealtor@verizon.net Thanks, Doug.
Greg,
Welcome to Pittsburgh, by many studies the countries most livable area. Since it sounds like you are interested in renting a home I suggest you contact a real estate agent that handles rentals in the South Hills and Washington County area. The West Penn Multi-List has some rentals but not many. You should also check Craigslist and other rental websites as well as the local newspapers for the communities you are interested in and the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and Tribune Review newspapers. Since you are willing to spend up to $1,000.00 a month you may want to consider buying a home as with interest rates as low as they are and prices stable in the area you may find owning to be less expensive then renting. If this sounds interesting to you, I recommend that you contact a mortgage lender to be pre-approved. I suggest Jim Franco, owner of Welcome Home Finance 724-772-3333x2114.
Again, Welcome to Pittsburgh and good luck,
Blair
The Southpointe development in Cecil Township has many options for both rental and single family homes. It is just south of the Allegheny County border, and benefits from a 1% lower sales tax rate in Washington County.

McMurray, Peters Township, and Canonsburg may also be options for you, since they are on main roads between Pittsburgh and Washington.

Northwood Realty Services offers free relocation services, including assignment of a dedicated relocation agent to help your search. Get it touch with me so we can discuss your needs in detail.