Moving in Charlotte>Question Details

John Cope, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

New to Charlotte and looking for neighborhoods that aren't "cookie cutters" in the 150s range. Very interested in Short Sales and

Asked by John Cope, Charlotte, NC Wed Nov 16, 2011

Foreclosed homes. We've just moved from Kentucky and are currently renting in Concord. It's been exhausting trying to pin down an area to buy a home that's safe enough for a 7 year old, fun enough for a couple in their early 30s, and not a suburb scene from "Edward Scissor Hands." I've seen so many foreclosures and short sales in the area that seem like good deals but I'm not familiar with the process or really how to start. I would like to stay around 150 or less for a house that doesn't have an itty bitty yard.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Charlotte

Answers

3
Hey Angela!
I was sifting through previous questions on Trulia and came across yours. Please contact me directly with a bit about how you are doing with your move as I'd love to help you find that 'non-cookie cutter home'. I will also be purchasing a property myself this year and am on the same page and know of a few good communities!

P.S. Welcome to Charlotte!!!

John Siddons
704-458-1843
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
Hi Angela,

There are many areas that fit what you are looking for. If you are looking for something that is not "cookie cutters", neighborhoods that have been established for a while could be a good fit for you and your family like Cotswold, historic South End and Chantilly. Landsdowne is also a neat area located along Providence Rd between the Intersection of Fairview Rd and Sardis Rd and the intersection of Rea Rd and Alexander Rd. Steele Creek (newer) is located Southwest Charlotte and has a lot of shopping and dining. Matthews (right outside of Charlotte) could also be a good fit for you. University, Pineville (especially close to downtown) are also areas you should look into.

You can visit my website http://www.nc-homeownership.com and do a custom search for properties. Look at the walk score (you can set search by walk score) to find areas that lively.

I would be happy to help you find a great home in the Charlotte area. Don't hesitate to contact me with questions.
A lot of this depends on what style of home you are looking for and what age. Do you prefer newer homes in a neighborhood that may have a pool or HOA or are you open to much older, but well kept homes closer into downtown Charlotte perhaps that have a lot of character and likely no HOA and certainly no pool or clubhouse? Those are very different markets certainly. The University area near you in Concord has a lot to offer in that price range and about everywhere you look you may find that 50% of the homes are short sales or foreclosures. You may like an area called NoDa that is very fun for a couple in their early 30's with children. I'd be happy to assist you as a buyer's agent get your search started....regardless of who you use I suggest finding a buyer's agent to help you dig through all the information and neighbors out there. Charlotte has a whole lot to offer - I hope you are having some fun getting acquainted with our fair city!!!