Moving in Houston>Question Details

Kamron8478, Home Buyer in New York, NY

My name is domanique I have section 8 with a felony and I need to find some where by January 22 can someone please help me 504-222-7474

Asked by Kamron8478, New York, NY Thu Jan 2, 2014

Im moving from new orleans to houston, tx Can anyone help me

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Houston

Answers

2
Shenette Jackson’s answer
Hay, my situation is the same. My felony is from 15 years ago and I have not allowed that to define me, but I'm having issues finding a decent place for me and my babies. I'm neat, clean and I don't do drama. Did you find anything? 504-813-4907 shay
Domanique ...

Unfortunately, the outlook isn't very promising, more so because of the felony conviction than Section 8 eligibility. Those owners who work with Realtors generally insist upon tenants with excellent credit, employment and rental histories ... after all, they're paying us a fee to find reliable tenants.

I suggest that you look in Craigslist and the local "green sheets" for available rentals. In your situation, it's best to deal directly with the landlords, since those who advertise without a Realtor are generally a bit more "forgiving."

Best of luck.