Moving in 92648>Question Details

Jeanne Tenny…, Home Buyer in Evansville, IN

My husband was just transfered to the area and we are trying to decide where to live and what school to send our daughter...she will be a senior

Asked by Jeanne Tennyson, Evansville, IN Tue Mar 2, 2010

..next year. She has always attended Catholic school in the midwest. Where is the closest Catholic high school? Any neighborhood suggestions? Any areas that we need to avoid?
We are thinking that Manhattan Beach would be a good location but are open to Hermosa, Redondo and North Huntington Beach.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in 92648

Answers

6
Terry McCarty 392.288O’s answer
Hello Jeanne,

There are many situations which can be applied depending on what is important to your situation, specifically

* Are you here to stay?

* Is this company relocation?

What is important is to get the most up-to-date information regarding your specific situation and have a Local Realtor guide you to making informed decisions.

If you are here for a year or two is different than if you are planning to invest or relocate to Orange County as a home.

* Is your husband’s transferring a temporary transfer?

* How close would you like to be to your daughter’s school?

* Does your daughter play sports?

* Music or the arts?

If you are looking at Huntington Beach and would like to talk to a local HB Surf City Realtor, call me directly I would welcome the opportunity to discuss what is important to you. What is important to you is really important to me.

Tim O'Toole and Terry McCarty
"Marketing Orange County Real Estate at the Highest Level"

Terry (714) 395-288O

Tim (714) 6OO-3OOO
Hi Jeanne!
There is a great Catholic High School close to where I live. Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana ! Several of my neighbors children attend there so I could connect you with them. That being the case,the best location for you would be North Huntington Beach, from the choices you have given me.
If you are open to other suggestions,I can recommend other areas for you. The main concern would be, where are you going to work?
AS I said before, children in our neighborhood attend there and there is a carpool group that helps each other. I'll get the hotline going to connect you to them when you are ready!

Rusty Watts
Coldwell Banker Beachside
714-658-7161
Hi Jeanne,

I live and practice Real Estate in Huntington Beach, and as Bob Phillips already commented on, it's a good idea to maybe find a Realtor from each of the areas that you are interested in as most Realtors become experts in one or two areas and can serve your needs better and help you narrow your choices.

Since I live in Huntington Beach, I can help you with any questions you might have about the area and would be glad to help you find the part of Huntington Beach that will suit all your needs. I specifically chose Huntington Beach to raise my daughter in, mostly due to schools, and because its a diverse community that is Central to all parts of Orange County.

As for the closest Catholic High School to North Huntington Beach, that would be Mater Dei High School. I will provide you with the link so that you can go to their website to see what they have to offer.... http://www.materdei.org

Good luck with your search.

Vern Doose
TNG Real Estate Consultants
714-863-9840
vldproperties@yahoo.com
You've brought up two really different areas. Huntington Beach is a very large city in Orange County. Hermosa, Redondo, and Manhattan are much smaller cities in an area called the South Bay in Los Angeles. The drive from Orange County to the South Bay can take over an hour in traffic, if not more. Where will your husband be working? What is your budget?

The South Bay cities have that small beach city atmosphere that you seem to describe in your profile. The prices however, can be quite high. Huntington Beach has pockets of areas with the small town vibe, but for the most part, it's full of suburban neighborhoods, has great schools, and is designed for family living. Parking can be an issue in any of these cities, depending on where you decide to live.

Lastly, as agents, we are not really allowed to comment on areas to avoid (it's a practice called steering, illegal for real estate agents), but rather we can just point you to different resources for researching the areas. Your best bet is to visit the areas though, because they have a different feeling that is very hard to describe and tell you about.
Hi Jeanne,

You've given some excellent criteria in your profile. Since Huntington Beach is on one end of your search, you should probably post a similar question more toward the middle of the area you're looking at. I may be wrong, but most agents in this section serve Orange County, but seldom have expertise beyond the O.C. line. ( Just because we are licensed in the entire state doesn't give us intimate knowledge of areas where we seldom venture. I would be wary of an agent who tells you they can serve it all.)

It might be a good idea to locate 3 different agents, one on each end, and one in the middle, and give them each some time to prove to you that they're capable of truly serving YOUR needs, as opposed to theirs.

In any event, good luck in locating both a good agent, and a great California home.
Hi Jeanne,
I think you had an inquiry a while back. So you are moving for sure now? Thats great. What area specifically are you going to be in? Where are you driving to work? Depending on that you may be able to go to other cities as well. How much commute time are you loooking to stay within? Let us know so we can better help you out!
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
714-337-8718