Moving in Memphis>Question Details

BTurner2, Renter in Memphis, TN

My husband-to-be and I are looking for a 3br home in the Whitehaven area and I wanted to know if it is possible to rent if I have a temporary job??

Asked by BTurner2, Memphis, TN Mon Nov 19, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Memphis

Answers

2
It is possible, especially if you have positive rental and credit references. As a leasing consultant, rent history is king to me. If you demonstrate that you have paid on time in the past, that is the best indicator to me concerning whether or not you will pay rent on time in the future. Each office is different. Here, we evaluate all of the factors and make a decision. Good luck with finding a home, we have a couple of 3 bedrooms in Whitehaven currently and our application process is free.
Each rental situation can be very different - your best answer is to contact the person renting the home and ask about the terms of the rental agreement. There is no magic answer for this question and you might have to check several before you will one that will rent you a home.Let's face it, if you have only a temporary job you are a high risk renter that you will default at sometime when you temporary job disappears. How would you feel if you were the owner of the property? Would you rent to someone with a temporary job? A lot of full time jobs are disappearing daily. Take care and have a blessed day.