Moving in Torrance>Question Details

Nichole.m.be…, Renter in Fremont, CA

My husband's job is relocating us from the Bay to L.A. Looking for a 3 br 1.5 -2 ba in Torrance to rent or lease to own. Can anyone help?

Asked by Nichole.m.berry, Fremont, CA Tue Nov 6, 2012

We work in Downtown L.A. Need to move ASAP (by Thanksgiving weekend). Our budget is $1,750 per month. Will consider more depending on the home & the neighborhood. We have 2 good kids that need good schools. I will be out there this weekend so if anyone can help that would be awesome!

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Torrance

Answers

4
Katherine Muller’s answer
Hello Nicole,
It would be a pleasure to help you. I work and live in South Torrance and would love to help you find a home/condo to rent in the area. Please call me at 310-897-9867 ... or email me at KANMULLER@Verizon.net. I am available to help you at any time. Best wishes, Katherine Muller/Century 21 / Union Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 6, 2012
Nichole,
If you come to my office this weekend, I will give you advise on different areas of Torrance, how to locate the right home, how to avoid the scams that exist, etc.

I agree with Jenna, that Willow Tree is a good option, especially if you children are high school age and want to go to South HS. But I don't think that they have 3 bedroom units. http://www.baycocorp.com

You may also want to check the apartments around West HS. West and South are both excellent choices. There are some differences in test scores, so you should do your research. Here is a good apartment near West HS http://www.milano-apts.com

To be in a good area, you may need to consider increasing the budget or going to 2 bedrooms or both.

If you want to view the town home in North Torrance http://www.mrmlsmatrix.com/DE.asp?ID=17791754664
please call, as I would need to set up an appointment.

Michael Magaw
310.259.6850
m@nhlbrokers.com
$1700 is low for renting in the area - just telling you so you don't waste a lot of time. One of my recent relo clients in the same exact situation wants to buy eventually but wants to make sure the job he's moving here for is solid, so they are renting at WillowTree apartments. It only costs $100 to secure a unit and you can go month to month so you don't risk a lot and the schools nearby are the best in the Torrance area. I have lived and worked as a realtor in the South Torrance area for 20+ years. Agents may tell you they can help you because they hope you will buy eventually which is oftentimes true, but it sounds like you have minimal time so I'm pointing you in the most direct line. Good luck.
Jenna Christensen
Realtor, Senior Partner
Keller Williams Realty - 23670 Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 100 Torrance, Ca 90505
310-920-9387
Nicole,
There is only 1 townhouse available on the MLS in Torrance that comes close to your criteria, but the rent is $1950/month/ I suggest that if your budget is firm, you may be able to find something on Craigslist. Let me know if I can help in any other way. Good luck.

Tony Warfield
Associate Broker
3 Leaf Realty
310-634-9342