Moving in Charlotte>Question Details

Dani226, Other/Just Looking in Sicklerville, NJ

My husband may be taking a job in Charlotte, NC. However, it looks like I may have some better job opportunities in Columbia, SC. It looks like

Asked by Dani226, Sicklerville, NJ Thu Jan 21, 2010

they're are about 1.5 hours apart. Does anyone know of nice
family-friendly suburbs about halfway between the two cities?

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Charlotte

Answers

3
many families look at Cabarrus county for the schools and commute into charlotte.
Dani:
My best friend in the real estate world lives and works in Columbia. Small world. There are many places in between such as Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Tega Cay and then more towards Columbia. I am going to give you 2 websites to check out.
http://www.davidpatterson.net (Columbia)

Good luck and God bless!
Hi Dani,

First, I am originally from Cherry Hill and I've been here in Charlotte for 11 years and love it! I think you'll really will love the area - especially our weather!

To be honest, it's faily rural between Charlotte and Clumbia. Ft. Mill and Rock Hill are both great towns in SC that are directly south of Charlotte (but still an hour from Columbia). Knowing the area you are in pretty good - it would be like if one of you had a job in Philly and the other in Sea Isle - the only towns between the two would be Millville and Vineland. It's sorta the same between Charlotte and Columbia (though no towns even as big as Millville and Vineland).

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you!

Brandi
---

Brandi Morris
NC Real Estate Broker/Realtor®
Ivy Hill Realty
704.621.1065 (p)
704.973.9606 (f)
Brandi@IvyHillRealty.com