Moving in Canal Winchester>Question Details

Marcie Johns…, Renter in Canal Winchester, OH

My husband is self employed and we are both students in college we recieve a cost of living check as well can we use this income to rent an apartment.

Asked by Marcie Johnson, Canal Winchester, OH Fri Dec 9, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Suzanne MacDowell’s answer
The answer is, yes, more than likely you will be fine. You may need to document your income. In my area Landlords ask for employment verification, but I have been very successful in placing self employed people as long as I can show they receive enough income to afford the rent and other living expenses. You could submit bank statements or income tax returns, or even a letter from an accountant or tax preparer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer