Moving in Columbus>Question Details

Cody Alexand…, Both Buyer and Seller in Nashville, TN

My girlfriend and I are from Nashville and are thinking of moving to Columbus...what are some areas in Columbus comparable to Green Hills...?

Asked by Cody Alexander, Nashville, TN Mon Apr 25, 2011

Not necessarily comparable in price but in environment...Would there be a part of town that would be comparable to Sylvan Park (historical,victorian homes)...Our favorite architecture style is Victorian so where would there be a concentration of this style home in Columbus...

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Columbus

Answers

7
Molly Hay, The Hay Group’s answer
Hello Cody!! My good friend lived in Nashville Tennessee for the past 5 years. He recently just moved back to Columbus. He said the areas most like Green Hills would be Upper Arlington and Bexley. Do you plan on working with a particular agent when you arrive to Columbus? I would love to meet with you! I have a resume and over 30 recommendations from past buyers!! I would be more than happy to set you up with your own personal website, in the meantime, that will show you all the homes for sale in Upper Arlington and Bexley.
Molly Hay - Re/Max Town Center
Hi Cody,

Columbus is a beautiful town with many good things you will like. I know you will feel right at home here. We do have many areas that would be similar in feel to Green Hills and we have many Victorian style homes. I would love to share information with you about Central Ohio.

I also have connections in Nashville and I can refer you to the best real estate agent who will take good care of you in selling your home.

Either call me at 614-565-8161 or email me at Teresa@TeresaButler.com so that we can discuss your plans. I will be better able to help you in finding areas and amenities you would like.
Hope to talk to you soon, - Teresa
Web Reference: http://teresabutler.com
I have been to Nashville, but can not comment specific to Green Hills. As all others have said we have an area called Victorian Village that would match your tastes. There are other within Columbus where you can find older homes as well, Old town East, Bryden Road, Franklin Park ... it all depends on what work you do, what you want to spend, how much work you want to do to a house (lot/little or none) and what your tolerance levels are for traffic, humanity and services. What makes you want to leave Nashville for Columbus? Are you from this area? Is the cost of living too high? Are you tired of undulating topography? I would tell you to make several trips here and see for yourself if it is a place you want to live.
Cody, there is Victorian style architecture all over Columbus, not just is "Victorian" village. Of couse, I could better answer if I knew about Green Hills. I suggest you find an agent who is familiar with all of Columbus, who doesn't just work or "farm" a particular area, and who has experience. That would likely be a buyer's agent. In my case, an exclusive buyer's agent, somebody who always advocates for buyers. As an out-of-town buyer you especially need somebody who is on your side, not a seller's agent or dual agent. In any case, have a one-on-one conversation with somebody who can tell you all about Columbus and the types of architecture and neighborhoods.

Check out my website if you get a chance. It doesn't track you or anything like that.
http://www.advocate4buyers.com
Hello Mr. Alexander,

First let me say welcome to Columbus, it is a great city to live in. Columbus just so happens to have an area called Victorian Village named so just for it's beautiful victorian style homes. The prices can range widely depending upon buying the " fixer upper" all the way to a full blown restoration project. There are also have some nice Queen Ann style homes here too. When you do a search in the columbus area use the zip code 43201. The Victorian Village area is also close to the OSU Hospital and Battelle labs. Of course I would be delighted to send you some listings for you to review if you would be so inclined.

Respectfully,
Jeffrey Paeltz, SFR
614.288.0423 jeff.paeltz@century21.com
Click on this link and you can start your own research as to what area you like.

http://www.greatrealestate.com/SearchRealestate.aspx?ID=A558…
There are some beautiful Victorian houses in Victorian Village which is just south of campus. You could also look at some south of downtown depending on your price range. I could send you some in each area if you would like. Please let me know.

Dino Paglia
Prudential Metrix, Realtors
dino@prumetrix.com
614-582-1474