Moving in Round Rock>Question Details

Jrow, Other/Just Looking in

My Husband and I are thinking of relocating from Southern California to Round Rock,TX. Are there any "bad" areas in Round Rock?

Asked by Jrow, Tue Feb 5, 2013

We're looking at renting first before we buy. We're going to be visiting the area in March but I just wanted to see if there are any areas to avoid. Thank you!

Round Rock is a fabulous place, and while there is a lot of variety in housing here, there are really no bad areas.

We are moving from Texas to Virginia in the next few months for family reasons, and will miss our lovely home and town very much. We live in the Behrens Ranch Division west of I35 and it is a great location. And you will find excellent pricing here in comparison to Southern California!

Here is our place for an example of pricing:…
How soon will ya'll be moving to town? What is your email address I would love to keep in touch with you I have a couple friends who are in Real Estate I can introduce you to. mine is or my cell is 512*584*5953 let's talk :)
Flag Wed Mar 6, 2013
Hello J Row! As in any area there will always be the less desired areas. However, coming from California, I'm sure you will do very well here. Please feel free to keep in touch with me for your insurance needs.

Cyndi Ortegon
Allstate Agent
512*252*2915 office
512*584*5953 cell
West of 35 is good in most areas. Look at Brushy Creek in particular. Lots of family friendly amenities.
Far west side of the district is in NW Austin and has the highest rated schools.
I also moved here from California 8 1/2 years ago. The best thing to do is come and see the area and the neighborhoods. If you have kids, you can review the school ratings to find the highest rated schools. I happen to live on the east side of Roud Rock in a great neighborhood. Feel free to call me at 512-417-7022 if you would like to set up a time to meet and look at properties when you are here in March.

Jana Dahl
Broker Associate, GRI
ph: 512.417.7022
Hi Jrow,

Welcome to Texas! I've been living in Round Rock now for about 8 years and have loved it. I think that "bad" depends on your criteria. Williamson county is consistently rated as a top safe community nationwide. Round Rock school disctrict is also very highly rated. We are convenient to downtown Austin so it's easy to get into the city for the many events and happenings, but we also have our own mix of fun and activities if you don't feel like leaving the city limits.

I know it's a big decision to transplant yourself to a new town. I think renting is a great idea to give yourself some time to get acquainted with our area and figure out where you will want to be spending most of your time. I am happy to show you around our beautiful city in March and help you find a home to lease.

Feel free to contact me for more information. My cell is 512-922-3965 or email at or my website

Leigh Hilliard, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Round Rock
I have lived in Round Rock for almost 25 Years now and know the area very well. I have been in Real Estate for 8 years as well. I would be happy to discuss things with you. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like. All of my information should be in my profile.

Tim S.
The East side of I-35 is typically considered by many to be "worse" than the West side. Round Rock is on both sides of the highway. If you have kids, let the schools status guide you. For example, I'd avoid any neighborhood that service Blue Bonnet Elementary and Union Hill.
What's wrong with Union Hill I visited it and its a great school but Blue Bonnet Elementary is for the worst school my kids go there now and that's why we are out looking now for a 3-4 br,2ba home close to Union Hill school district
Flag Sat Feb 16, 2013
Union Hill is a wonderful school...
It has a Dual Language Program that grows bilingual/biliterate studnets and has a fabulous community base. It is rated recognized by TEA (second highest rating) and has a strong, loving and attentive staff.
Flag Thu Feb 14, 2013