Moving in Franklin>Question Details

CJTC, Renter in Franklin, TN

My Family and I are moving from Southern CA to the Franklin TN area. Is it possible to find a 4 bedroom home for under $2000 a month? In addition....

Asked by CJTC, Franklin, TN Wed Jun 27, 2012

We would like a 4 bedroom single family home with a yard and would like to stay under or as close to $2000 a month. We are renting for now until we get accustomed to the area and know where we would like to buy. What areas do you recommend looking in around the Franklin area? In addition....what private Chistian schools would you recommend?
Thank you so much for any tips and advice! We greatly appreciate it!

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Franklin

Answers

10
Tricia Whitehead’s answer
I agree that $2000-2500 a month is going to get you a more quality house/area. I can make several suggestions of Christian schools that my friends' kids go to, such as CPA and New Hope Academy and Franklin Classical. (My daughter attends public school so far!) I would love to help you and feel that we probably have much in common. I also moved here from Southern California (worked at Pepperdine U.) and can share my experiences of making the transition and help you to make yours! Check me out at http://www.twhitehead.bobparks.com. Tricia Whitehead
Thank you Tricia! I appreciate your input! I will look into those schools. I am very excited about the transition and am confident that we will be hapy with the results of the move. Slightly nervous about finding a home and school in time but I have received some great feedback so far.
Flag Thu Jun 28, 2012
Check out Grace Chapel (CALVARY CHAPEL Family). They also have a school that has a GREAT Christian emphasis. The location is Leipers Fork/Franklin. Good luck from another So. Californian!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 4, 2012
It is possible. Franklin does have many single family rental houses. These houses can be found in many internet searches as well as through a local realtor. Thanks, Eric Lutz eric.realproptn@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 8, 2014
I just ran a search, and for Franklin it shows 3 places (4 br / 2 bath)

Brentwood shows 5 listings.

We relocated from Mission Viejo last June to Franklin, and find the public schools excellent here.

Feel free to email/call me if you want to know more or if I can help.

Greg Spackman
Keller Williams
615-939-1252 - gregspackman@kw.com
Good afternoon! I just ran a search and found 4 properties in Williamson County that are at or under $2000/mth. I can also check with other colleagues and agents to find other rentals that are coming on the market and there are other sources for searching as well.

The more info we have and know what you need, the easier it is to get it right the first time! The rental market is very busy. I just recently helped a client from the west coast find a rental property, but I had to go preview, send photos and discuss layout and location with him to make sure it was going to serve his needs. It required a great deal of trust in a Realtor to do this, but with good communication and timely responses, it can be done.

As for Christian schools...there are a long list of them in this area and you can visit http://www.parentworld.com/private-school-directory/private-… to see a list of private schools all throughout the area. If you decide you want to begin searching for a rental or determine you'd rather forge ahead into a house purchase, I'd love to talk and hear your heart! I'd love to help another "west-coaster" make Tennessee their new home! Blessings, Leigh Ann
Here are three listings available in Williamson County close to Franklin 4 bed 2 bath under $2200.
http://listings.realtracs.com/Reports/EmailPublicReports.asp…

If I can help you anymore, let me know. patrickelrod@gmail.com
There are other questions that will need to be answered, inorder to serve you better. I am available to serve you, in your search for a new home. Feel free to contact me via the (blue) link. I look forward to talking with you. Thanks, Dot
We are not set on only Franklin. We love that area and Brentwood and would like to be near the area but in a safe area as well. Commuting is not a problem for us.
3035 Romain Trail is a large home with 4 bedrooms for rent in Spring Hill. It is in Williamson County. You can call the listing agent, Gaile Osburn (Ph: 615-376-0930) for more information about it. It is listed as $1900/month.
Flag Wed Jun 27, 2012
It is possible to get under $2500/month in Franklin, the lease amount per month will be driven by location. Currently there are 5 homes listed on The MLS under $2500 in Franklin.

(615) 715-3232 Scott.kelley@crye-leike.com
If I am being really honest, that is going to be a challenge right now. I just pulled up the ones listed in the multiple listings and there are none available. Not long ago, the answer would have been yes, but the rental market has exploded. There are some 3 bedroom homes available. You would need to contact me with your email for me to send you a list of them. Or you can look at Realtracs.com

There are lots of great areas in Franklin. Before anyone can really make specific suggestions though, they would need to understand your needs better. Schools may or may not be an issue for you, commuting, individual interests. You can look at greatschools.net for independent reviews.

And the Christian schools, there are many with various opportunities and price ranges. Again, you would need to have an individual conversation with an individual and with the schools to get some more input. And in the end, you would need to visit them. Many of them have such varied specialties that you might even choose different ones for different children.

You can email me or call me tomorrow if you want to chat some more. My contact info should be on my bio. Have a great day!
Monica