Moving in Phoenix>Question Details

monteirom72, Home Buyer in Glendale, AZ

Moving to Phoenix early 2013. No children, late 30's. I'm active and not looking for a traditional kid-oriented neighborhood. Where should I go?

Asked by monteirom72, Glendale, AZ Thu Aug 23, 2012

I might be a first time home buyer but would probably short-term rent first to get acclimated.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Phoenix

Answers

9
Angie Rahney’s answer
The 'biggest bang for your buck' you will find in the West Valley - rental and purchase alike. Ten years ago, it was the best kept secret and now has grown into a buzzing mix of everything: metropolitan and small towns; shopping, entertainment, all ages, and employers.

Angie Rahney
Angie's Realty
West Valley, Phoenix, AZ
angie@angiesrealty.com
602-318-2521
Good Morning,

Old Town Scottsdale would be a good place to start. There are alot of preppie places to stay and a lot of entertainment / night life.

Contact me if you would like more information.

Vivien L Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
vivien.biggs@realestatecore.net
Prudential Arizona Properties

Check MLS for homes on my website
http://www.realestatecore.com/
Unless you qualify for an "age restricted" community, ALL other communities allow all family types and since "Familial Status" is a protected class, that question cannot be answered because "kid oriented neighborhoods" are everywhere. Good luck!
Renting for six months or so sounds like a smart idea. Being close to your place of employment good also. At least until you get to know Phoenix and those neighborhoods that offer the sort of activities you prefer. If you care to be more specific, I would be happy to send some locations that would fit your criteria, as I am familiar with rentals as well as properties for sale. LaDean Melby, HomeSmart Desert Ridge. ladeanmelby@yahoo.com
It depends on your price range. The Mid-Town Historic Districts of Willo, Coronado and Encanto-Palmcroft offer convenience, architectural gems and they are close to the museums and sporting events of downtown phoenix.
HI,

You are bound to get many replies. There are many possibilities for you. But it depends on what type of active lifestyle you are seeking, as well as how close you would like to be to work or even friends, as well as price range. Anybody recommending a community at this point is telling you what they like, not what you like. This is your choice.and it needs to happen with all the right info A good agent will take the time to actually have a conversation with you and listen to what makes sense for you. I hope that I get the opportunity to assist you with this. There are many reasons to hire an agent. Interviewing will provide you with a comfort level that you actually pick the right agent who can help you find what truly works for you and your lifestyle.

Adam Tarr PC
Assoc. Broker, ABR, RSPS,CDPE,e-Pro
Citywide Real Estate
480-236-7374
Hey There!

Places I would recommend depends on what type of active lifestyle you are talking about. Nightlife, hiking, bike trails, boating, whatever you are into, close proximity to your favorite activity may be the way you want to go. Or perhaps you would like a community that is hip, with a concierge, a gym, tennis, golf or various other amenities. Distance to work may also be a factor to consider. Whatever your preferred combination is, the Phoenix area has the perfect place for you! I can help you find a rental and/or purchase a home when the time is right. Please visit my website to see if I might be the right agent for you to work with. If so, shoot me an email, text or give me a call!

Have a wonderful Day!

--

Danielle Paluscio,
Realtor, ABR, MCNE, BPOR
HomeSmart
602-377-0700 cell
602.507.3077 phone/efax
website: http://hsaz001.homesmartagent.com/sites/DP240
Anywhere in Central Phoenix would be a great place to be for an active lifestyle. You are close to hiking and all the city has to offer. I lived in Central Phoenix until I had children and I always loved being right in the middle of all the action. Please let me know if I can help!

Rachel Shanahan
Century 21 Northwest
602-400-3841
Downtown areas tend to lend them selves toward the 30 something that have an active night life. Condos and lofts are also great opportunities for the lifestyle.