Moving in North Raleigh>Question Details

mba_tech_2012, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

Moving to North Raleigh by September 2012.

Asked by mba_tech_2012, Raleigh, NC Sun Jul 1, 2012

Need general information about the crime stats in North Raleigh in the Millbrook School District. Information on 2 Bedroom Apartments/Condos/Townhomes. Looking for at least 900 Sqft or better. Rental Cost under $850.00...Typical Electricity or Gas amount for 2 Bedrooms. Looking for cost for Basic Cable by itself and basic DSL internet by itself. Any activities or volunteer opportunities for the youth in North Raleigh?

Answers

4
Tom Bohlmann’s answer
Welcome to the area.

Using something like the apartment finder below may help.

I have two houses for rent starting Oct 1.

One in the Milbrook School district, Mid town location,

Single Family home 2 car port
4 bedroom 3 full bath 1850 sq ft with lots of storage, $1400 / month + utilities

Town home with one car garage and Pool access
3 bedroom 2.5 bath 1600 sq ft in Wake Forest $1450 / month + utilities
Hi Mba_Tech,

I am in the same situation and heading out that way in 10 days! I've been looking at Dish tv, their internet is $30/month and their cable runs from $19-75 a month depending on packages. From the research that I've done the major provider for internet in Raleigh is Time Warner, who by the way has horrible internet services. The utilities such as water, sewer, gas and electric is through the city; just go to the city of Raleigh government page and it should be on your right hand side, I believe.

You definitely want to stay out of the Durham area, because the crime rate is rather high. For crime rates, the city of Raleigh's police department has a free view on their site to check crimes by area and addresses with a description and date of when it was committed.
Hope all this helps!
Basic Cable & DSL runs about $99.00 a month for a "package deal" That would include phone service as well, so maybe you can get a better deal without a phone. There is a general website, I believe on the City of Raleigh site to track crime states. Volunteer opportunities may also be found through the City of Raleigh, the Y or Wake County. Of course, churches have alot of volunteer activities going with and for the Youth.
Get your 1% Rebate! http://Www.mydogtess.com
Web Reference: http://www.mydogtess.com