Moving in Philadelphia>Question Details

Newbuyer1, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Moving Companies.

Asked by Newbuyer1, Philadelphia, PA Sat Jun 12, 2010

I'm looking for professional moving company. Could someone recommend any in Philadelphia? I would prefer a large company over a Mom and Pop company.

Answers

6
Since no local answers yet--try doing a Google Search or look in the Yellow Pages.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 13, 2010
You should ask your neighbors for recommendations. There has got to be a few that have used a moving company. Cost is not the only factor to consider. The movers will be responsible for transporting all of your belongings, so you want a company that you trust.

http://northwestmovers.com
Mumbo Movers are a good local company in Philadelphia.
When hiring outside professionals to help with your new home or the move..... it's a good rule of thumb to request a copy of their liability insurance...... this is common practice business to business... and as a consumer, you should feel comfortable doing this too!
If a contractor offers you a quote- make sure that it has their license number on it and that is states they are fully insured...
I would ask your neighbors and friends who they have used in the past. They might have found a good deal from a certain moving company that they can share with you. Personal recommendations from people you already know are the best kind. They are sure to be honest and reliable.
Just an FYI, this question was asked 4 years ago.
Flag Thu Jun 19, 2014
I have moved my home and business (heavy equipment) multiple times. I swear by these guys: The Gentleman Movers, 128 Archbishop Drive, Conshohocken, PA 19428-1328 (610) 940-1333‎

If you get estimates, they seem to be higher than others. BUT they are so much more efficient I found their true cost to be 20 - 30% LESS than comparable slow guys.

I rarely rave. But these guys keep their promises, move fast, take extraordinary care AND live up to their name. They are real gentlemen - not the embarrassing, loud mouths too often employed.

This is my personal testimony, not a Realtor recommendation......

Joe White • Coldwell Banker Preferred • Avenue of the Arts.