Moving in Philadelphia>Question Details

Newbuyer1, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Moving Companies.

Asked by Newbuyer1, Philadelphia, PA Sat Jun 12, 2010

I'm looking for professional moving company. Could someone recommend any in Philadelphia? I would prefer a large company over a Mom and Pop company.

Answers

9
Since no local answers yet--try doing a Google Search or look in the Yellow Pages.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 13, 2010
I would always try to find some on Google. You can access customer reviews and get all the information you need. If you are looking for a great moving company make sure you call them and ask questions. Local moving companies can be great. Ask them how long them have been in business. The longer that they have been in business the better they will be. http://www.wheatonworldwide.com/household-moves/local-in-sta…
Mumbo Movers are a good local company in Philadelphia.
Looking for a moving company is like looking for any other company that provides a service. I recommend asking people you know and trust for referrals. They could give you a first-hand account of what the moving experience was like. If you don't have friends that have moved recently, you could always search on Google like Anna said. I would definitely ask questions of a few companies before deciding on one. That way you can get a feel of what each company can offer and also an idea of how they will treat your stuff. http://www.careymoving.com/spartanburg-movers.php
When hiring outside professionals to help with your new home or the move..... it's a good rule of thumb to request a copy of their liability insurance...... this is common practice business to business... and as a consumer, you should feel comfortable doing this too!
If a contractor offers you a quote- make sure that it has their license number on it and that is states they are fully insured...
I agree, check to see if they have liability insurance, because if anything breaks you don't want to be stuck with the cost. I moved a few weeks ago and they broke a whole set of dishes, but they had insurance to cover it, so it worked out really nice. Insurance is really important when you use movers. http://www.instamove.com
Flag Wed Jul 2, 2014
I would ask your neighbors and friends who they have used in the past. They might have found a good deal from a certain moving company that they can share with you. Personal recommendations from people you already know are the best kind. They are sure to be honest and reliable.
Just an FYI, this question was asked 4 years ago.
Flag Thu Jun 19, 2014
I've been looking for a local moving company in Chicago IL. If anyone has any good tips or advice that would be great. It's my first time moving into a house.
My father owns a moving company in denver. They are really great with their service! You should check them out!
Is it the moving company in Denver CO? I have heard they are really great!
Flag Tue May 7, 2013
I have moved my home and business (heavy equipment) multiple times. I swear by these guys: The Gentleman Movers, 128 Archbishop Drive, Conshohocken, PA 19428-1328 (610) 940-1333‎

If you get estimates, they seem to be higher than others. BUT they are so much more efficient I found their true cost to be 20 - 30% LESS than comparable slow guys.

I rarely rave. But these guys keep their promises, move fast, take extraordinary care AND live up to their name. They are real gentlemen - not the embarrassing, loud mouths too often employed.

This is my personal testimony, not a Realtor recommendation......

Joe White • Coldwell Banker Preferred • Avenue of the Arts.
It's important to get a moving company to help you move. They can save you time and manual intensive labor. I think it's better than trying to move yourself, so I always get movers, even if I'm only moving across town. It really saves me from a lot of pain. http://www.movingofamerica.com
Flag Wed Jul 30, 2014