Moving in Dallas>Question Details

verdeamour, Renter in Dallas, TX

Middle Class Neighborhoods?

Asked by verdeamour, Dallas, TX Thu May 1, 2014

My husband and I are considering relocating to Dallas with our 5 year old, and while we are going to visit for a week, I'd like to know about neighborhoods ahead of time.
Right now we live in a neighborhood where the average income is around $38,000, houses are between $44,000 and $156,000, and the schools are at a 7 on the realtor.com "great schools rating". There are only two apartment complexes, one small cache of duplexes (where we live now; there's about 33 buildings that are built to resemble houses. If you drive through it, you would never know that it's all duplex rentals), some houses for rent, and no section 8. Our neighborhood also promotes a lot of activity, is a very friendly community, and is about 15 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I was wondering if there were any areas similar to this around Dallas.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Dallas

Answers

3
Best thing to do is google the areas to find the names of the neighbor hoods, then do the same with them. This will let you know the details on the area, history of area, the housing averages, amenities in the area, schools, ect....
Neighborhoods are all subjective on what your idea of a "Middle Class Neighborhood" is. Pick any 1 Realtor and work with them only on finding a house and neighborhood that will work for you.
http://www.tcrdallas.com
I would suggest Mesquite Texas next to Dallas and in Dallas County as one of the better areas for
schools. Shopping of all types and a large Mall along the 635 Freeway with a Cinema complex. Many
city wide events annually and very active in youth sports. Not many duplexes in the area. Nice apts.
and lots of homes for lease. mostly mid to high range depending on number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
Contact me and I will make myself available to show you the Dallas MetroPlex.