Moving in Coeur D Alene>Question Details

ccsondrisa, Renter in Coeur D Alene, ID

Making a move from Orange County Ca to Couer D Alene/Spokane

Asked by ccsondrisa, Coeur D Alene, ID Thu Sep 20, 2012

I am looking to make a move from Orange County California to Spokane/Couer D Alene sometime this next year to become a part of my familys business and make a change in general.
I am interested in the surounding places bwteeen Spokane and Coeur D Alene that may be a fit for me and I would like some advice on it. I am 30/F and I will not know anyone in the surounding area other than family so I am looking for a safe place that I can start my next chapter and in a perfect world somewhere with close places to walk to or a downtown or metropoliton area in walking or a short drive to things to do and people to meet. I would like to be close to restraunts, bars, and social situations in general for me to be able to live alone for a while and take in new experiences. All in all I would like to be not be to far from the office which is located in Coeur D Alene. I wolud like to see what the locals have to say!

Answers

10
glitchpaqrk’s answer
STOP MOVING HERE YOU PEOPLE HAVE DESTROYED MY HOME SHAME ON YOU. You have brought all your crime and trash with you. Stay in LA i know it smells like feet but you people made it that way and there is no way I will stand for you fitly nasty people destroying MY home the way you did with your own state. everything wrong with this place is because of all this Californian trash. Joseph Duncan(The guy that killed a whole family then stole a little girl and then set fire to the first born son of the family in a freaking campfire at a camp ground) = Californian, Richard Butler(THE KKK GUY) = Californian, My In laws = Californian, and look at KMC! its going to become a privatized hospital because of Californians and remember how they were going to make you pay to hike tubs hill = Californians oh and the giant power plant in Rathdrum that pumps water out of the Aquifer (some of the cleanest water in the world that you dont deserve to drink out of) to supply power to who?.... that is right.... California wasting some of the cleanest water to turn on light bulbs in cali you people are the scum of the earth. Do me a favor and stay the hell out of my state.

Ps: I am a local and that is what we have to say. STAY THE HELL OUT!
Given that Idaho is pretty much a retirement haven for California, you clearly have no say in the matter. Better luck next time.
Flag Fri Oct 10, 2014
I know you posted this a while ago but I would really appreciate your help. I am a Realtor trying to help my OC client make an assessment about moving to CDA. They have visited and liked it. They are currently looking to understand all the financial implications. May I contact you to see what your observations/learning have been? Feel free to contact me directly at 714.342.9995. Thanks!
Beautiful area took a drive that way a few years back would love to go again.
Hi ccsondrisa!

I was born and raised in Southern California. I moved up here about 2 1/2 years ago and never looked back. After years of research and visits, I chose Riverside Harbor in Post Falls. It would put you about 5-10 minutes from your family business and give you direct freeway access into Spokane as well.

Riverside Harbor is waterfront community located along the Spokane River with direct access to Lake Coeur d'Alene. This community has its own private tree lined park with an amazing sandy beach. Homes in Riverside Harbor range from the upper 100's all the way up to 1 million +. To view active homes in this neighborhood, please click the following link
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
Spokane Valley and Post Falls are nice. I'm from Temecula Ca and have been here two years now. I too work in CDA and the commute is nothing. Winter is a challenge if you are not used to snow driving. Pine Valley Ranch Apartments are great. ;) Not many apartments in CDA.
I am another Cali transplant.... I moved here from Dana Point in 2003. I would be happy to talk to you about why we choose CDA to be our home. What is your family business? I think you will love it here, we do!!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
I am 65 and am making a move to Post Falls, I have trouble with stairs so I need a rancher. I have family there. I need a safe area and flat land. What is a safe area there for seniors? Is there program's there for us? I need to walk twice a day.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
We have several 55 plus subdivisions OR we can find you a rancher in Post Falls. Lots of walking trails. Look forward to hearing from you so that we can work out a walking program and find you a nice rancher! YES! You will love Post Falls!
Flag Sun Sep 23, 2012
What kind of programs do you need? The Krock center has excerise classes, indoor walking, swimming, etc. There are plenty of ranchers available. What price are you looking in. I would be happy to send you more information.
Flag Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hello, my California friends!

As a native Californian, we moved here 14 years ago and haven't looked back!

Happy to talk with you about your "discovery mission"....understanding, of course, you're just in the discovery stages!

Downtown CDA, Riverstone & parts of downtown Spokane may be of interest to you. You'll find a ton of info on Coeur d Alene at http://www.idahoidahoidaho.com.

Contact me and I'd be happy to buy you a Starbucks!

At YOUR service...
My husband and I are considering CDA. We too will be CA transplants. We are mainly concerned the school system. The Great Schools are not that high. Can you shed some light as to why this is and what areas you would target for the best schools? Thank you.
Flag Sun Jan 20, 2013
Hi CCSondrisa -

There are so many options - it's stunning in Coeur d'Alene. Spokane may seem to have more activities and night life - but Coeur d'Alene is just gorgeous. I'm thinking renting would definitely be something you should do so you can explore different areas until you decide which one you like the best.

My husband and I happen to be in Anaheim right now (we are here until next Thursday). If you want to meet and just talk about the area, we would be completely open to doing that. We can meet at a Starbucks or wherever you feel safe. No sales, just talking about the area. I've lived in CDA for 40 years, Chuck (hubby) has lived there for almost 20.

You can connect with me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/christina.ethridge - just let me know who you are and why you are connecting so I accept your request.
Well it depends on what type of life your accustomed too now. CDA is not that big, so what your asking is pretty easy. What other things are you looking for? Do you want a home or Apt/Condo? We are the same age, and I wouldn't trade living in downtown. I walk to my office, coffee shop, my favorite restaurants, and my bar. It sounds like that is what your looking for so I would say somewhere south of Harrison Ave, which runs east/west. Everything downtown would be about 10-20 minute walk, but you would be centrally located so you could run to the other side of town for shopping or whatever.

CDA is pretty safe as it is, normally don't have to worry about much. If you took a drive around, you could determine for yourself which area's would feel safest to you. If you have any other questions, you can email me at shane.greenfield@sothebysrealty.com and I would be happy to answer!