Moving in Pittsburgh>Question Details

Seema, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

Looking for a nice family friendly neighborhood to move to Pittsburg...Nice schools a must.any neighborhoods with new constructionsin the $400000?

Asked by Seema, Pittsburgh, PA Sat Jan 16, 2010

-4250000max range .Any advise will be appreciated....

Answers

7
Plum Boro is nice to live in.
Squirrel Hill (east end of Pittsburgh), on Aylesboro between Shady and Denniston, 2 new homes currently being built in our neighborhood--I believe they're asking in the $400s. Very walkable community, near library, shops, etc.
Pittsburgh is a great place to live but it can be difficult to get around. Everyone has their favorite areas and is very loyal to them. I have the perspective of growing up in the east and living in the south and north hills. I think the south hills is the best bet, especially if you are working in the city and can use our "T" light rail system. I live in Bethel Park which is a great place to raise a family. I would also recommend Upper St. Clair, Peters Township and Mt. Lebanon. Taxes are lower in Peters which is where we initially looked 2 years ago, but found we could get more house for the money in Bethel Park.

I am a loan officer with ENG Lending, the mortgage division of Bank of England, here in Pittsburgh. If I can be of any help financing your new home, please call me at 412-638-1666. We are an FDIC insured bank, not a mortgage broker. We offer excellent rates and very fast underwriting and processing turn times to get you in your new house as quickly as possible.
Pittsburgh is a great city to live and there are many great neighborhoods here. Having lived here all of my life, I find it a very interesting area, as we have a rich tradition of family, culture and neighborhoods that have historically evolved with rich traditions. We have excellent health care facilities, great universities,marvelous sports teams, and wonderful venues such as our zoo, museums, and science centers.

Moving from the center city area and into the suburbs, there are many areas with new construction. Not a large city, it is a quick ride from the western to the eastern suburbs as long as you are not traveling during rush hour. However, a city of many hills, rivers, bridges and tunnels that must be traversed to get around the city, rush hour traffic can be challenging. With that in mind, I would suggest your search to begin in an area that is in the direction of where you might be working, or close to the airport if frequent air travel is necessary.
If you can share a little more detail on what you might be looking for, I would be happy to send you more specific information.
I would be happy to assist you in your search for a Home in Pittsburgh, what a great choice of Cities!
If you would let me know what is important to you such as being close to the Airport, Downtown Pittsburgh, Etc...... and where you are going to be working , I would love to help you in your neighborhood selections.
There are alot of very nice New construction communities to choose from throughout the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.
Please feel free to contact me!
Good Luck with your search with whomever you decide to work with!

Doug Rees
RE/MAX Renaissance
412 537-6636 Cell

I would be happy to help narrow down locations and generate an automated search for new construction homes in the areas your most desire. There are wonderful areas in all 4 directions of the City; all with different offerings. If you would like to discuss specific locations, please send me an email. We can desingate a time to chat and schedule appointments to view some homes. Look forward to hearing from you.
You are moving to a terrific city with so much to offer. As far as family friendly neighborhoods with new construction in your price range you will dozens and dozens that meet that criteria. If you are relocating for a job then where you or your spouse work will be a big factor in narrowing down the best area to live. How close do you want to be to the city?

We currently live in Washington County and love the Peters Township area. We also lived in Pittsburgh years ago in Westmoreland County and liked it there as well. We would also have considered areas north of the city, but it was too far of a commute for us. And there are excellent neighborhoods to the west near the airport not to mention tons of great locations closer to the city in Allegheny County.

I'm sure if you give more detail on what your needs are you will get some excellent suggestions from the Pittsburgh folks on here. Good luck with your search for the ideal place for your family!