Moving in Philadelphia>Question Details

Heather Wolff, Home Buyer in Franklin, MA

Looking for a family friendly suburb outside of Philly. Great schools and active community a must.

Asked by Heather Wolff, Franklin, MA Mon Nov 26, 2012

We are looking to relocate from the Boston suburbs to Philadelphia. Office would be located in King of Prussia. We are looking for a close-knit suburban community with a very active recreation department and great schools. I would prefer a newer home (0-7 years) and our budget would be around 300K. I know that this will take us far away from the city, and we are ok with being 30 minutes away from the downtown area. Suggestions?

Answers

14
Kelly Hudson’s answer
In addition to being a realtor I too have had to relocate with our three children due to corporate moves.
Collegeville, Royersford, Upper Merion, there are several spots and even in Chester County a little further out you get a little bang for your buck.
Best advice is to do some serious investigating on the top schools in PA and the ones that are helpful.
Media, Swathmore DE county are also another great areas to be. I have a copy somewhere of the top 100 school districts if that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hi Heather,

There was an excellent article this week on Philly.com about Narberth, PA. - I think Narberth might be just what you are looking for. I raised my children there arriving as a transplant and still count many of our neighbors amoung my friends, and my children were very happy. Its also only 15 minutes to center city on the septa line, and has a little downtown of its own. You may not find a newer property but you will find many wonderful properties.Please let me know if you have any questions, I will be happy to help in any way I can. Welcome!

Ana Barlow
The Barlow Group
Keller Williams Center CIty
1619 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19103 215.627.3500
Ana Direct: 267.408.8036
anabarlow@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 26, 2012
Hello! I actually moved here from Arlington, MA over 6 years ago. Some communities that may work with your goals-Downingtown, Exton, West Chester, and Springford.

Amanda Saunders, MBA
Prudential Fox and Roach
(215) 514-9597
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 26, 2012
Hi Heather - Areas like Plymouth Meeting and Glenside would be great places to look for a newer property with the kind of location in which you're looking to live.
You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. As for schools, you can visit http://www.SchoolDigger.com, http://www.SchoolMatters.com, and http://www.GreatSchools.org.

Chris
The Mainline is a great place to be. Litterally across from the City (Haverford, Bryn Mawr, Bala Cynwd, Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square, Ardmore, Villanova, Radnor, etc. West Chester, Exton, King Of Prussia, Bristol Township and Langhorne. These areas have a good number of newer homes and new construction homes available to you.

I would love to assist you. Give me a call at 215-917-7457
Hi Heather,
I am located in a area that has the number 1 school district in Montgomery county, the area is called Lower Moreland(Huntingdon Valley) I also live there and have kids in the school district. If you would like further details you can reach me at 267-228-3910 or nicksylvestro@aol.com
Thank You
Nick Sylvestro
Associate Broker
Remax Access
Hi Heather:

You may have to look a little further out to get great schools and a newer home for around $300,000.00
Check out my Blog for some links to information & ratings for schools. http://www.trulia.com/blog/mary_beth_1/2012/05/main_line_sch…

While I concentrated on the schools on the Main Line, you can go from some of the links to check out other school districts in the area.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Mary Beth (610) 608-3119
We are located in the eastern end of Montgomery County and serve many areas with highly rated schools including Abington Township (Blue Ribbon Schools), Lower Moreland Twp. and Upper Dublin. We also serve Bucks county which includes many great school districts. The areas that best fit your needs would be based on price range, commute time, transportatiion needs, Etc.

We are geared up to handle all of your relocation needs.

Please contact me via email at r.weiss@cbhearthside.com or phone at 215-379-2002 or Cell at 215-776-1212.

Bob Weiss
Broker/Owner
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
515 Huntingdon Pike
Rockledge, Pa., 19046

215-379-2002 VM 112
PS: I Have lived in both Upper Dublin and Lower Moreland. I have children that graduated from both the Upper Dublin and Lower Moreland school systems.
Flag Mon Nov 26, 2012
Suggestions below Are great. Of course cannot overlook the Main Line towns of Villanova,Haverford, Devon,Ardmore, Narberth, Merion, etc. Beautiful prominent suburbs i close proximity to King of Prussia.
Depending on the budget - there are the best suburbs of Philadelphia concentrated close to King Of Prussia.
I would be more than happy to find great listings for you.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
City Avenue Shopping Center
7708 City Ave., Suite 219
Philadelphia, PA 19151
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Fax:484-453-8313
Licensed In Pennsylvania

Dmytro V. Bova
Bova Realty Group
Northwest suburbs... map King of Prussia and zoom out . Look along the following 4 corridors: I-476N up to Lansdale, 422, I-76 (PA Turnpike) up to Exton exit, and Route 30 to where it intersects Route 100. Good Hunting and welcome to the Philly 'burbs!
Hi Heather,

IF you are going to be working in King of Prussia than Montgomery County could be a good fit. Great schools, affordable homes and a multitude of recreational options.

Feel free to contact me to discuss the particulars about your search.

Greg

Gregory S. Parker, ABR, CRS, GRI, GREEN, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Realty Professionals
2924 Swede Road
East Norriton, PA 19401
Direct 610-994-1147
Office 610-277-5000 Ext. 249
Fax 610-994-1146
PA License AB067333
http://www.PhillyAreaHomeHunter.com
Upper Dublin. Call The Rosenthal Group. Ask for Rhonda. 215-542-2200
Conshohocken/Plymouth Meeting both are extremely close to the city, great schools, very active communities and on and on. Feel free to reach out to me so I can get the your exact needs and start the home buying process