Moving in 07866>Question Details

Trotter456, Home Buyer in Union, NJ

Living in White Meadow Lake - Rockaway Twp NJ?

Asked by Trotter456, Union, NJ Sun Jun 10, 2012

Relocating family to NJ form Long Island and considering White Meadow Lake area. Pros/Cons anyone? Any advise would be appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in 07866

Answers

11
I have a client who is from Rockaway, and he loved growing up in White Meadow. It is a very safe community and school district is great!
I am a third generation resident of White Meadow Lake. My father has lived in the lake since he has been 10 years old and my mother has been here since she is 19. I grew up in White Meadow and bought a home here a few years ago. It is a wonderful community to live in. It is one of the least expensive lake communities in Morris County to live for what we offer. There's 3 beaches, 2 pools, tennis courts, and basketball. The club house hosts many parties and activities. White Meadow is close to major highways, shopping and N.Y. C transportation. To learn more about White Meadow visit their website http://www.whitemeadowlake.org. Please feel free to email me with any questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 11, 2012
Hi, Proud to live and work in Rockaway. Top of the list, Im a Mom and live here ( 3rd generation ) and my children have been highly successful in the public school system, schools are highly ranked. There is also private schools to consider as well. My real estate office in Rockaway, so if you ever need a tour around and personal pros and cons, give me a call. 973-386-9900. Sue
I am looking to move my family to white meadow lake. I am looking for a long term rental since I have kids in the school district. I have lived in the marcella section for 6 years and need a bigger place. ANy suggestions how I find rentals?

Kathy
I lived in White Meadow Lake a few years ago, it is a nice built up lake community with shops and highways closeby. On the negative side i would say that the original summer vacation lake community that it once was now consists of homes that have been overexpanded and are on small lots. There are many nice towns in Morris County that i can highly recommend but it depends on your needs. You can also check out the school districts in the area on http://www.greatschools.net and compare them. Contact me and let me know what you are looking for in a home and neighborhood and i would be happy to provide you with some advice and information.
White Meadow Lake offers a great deal for families...especially those with young children. There are beaches for the kids to play at and a day camp that only White Meadow Lake property owners can attend. White Meadow Temple is right in the lake for those people who observe Judaism, and other houses of worship for other religions are all close by. Lovely area with great schools close by.
As we like to say in the narrated virtual tours for the homes we market in White Meadow Lake:

With 3 beaches, 2 swimming pools, a beautiful clubhouse (with a bar open on the weekends), a vibrant community with lots of clubs organizations and social activities, boating, fishing, tennis and basketball courts, playgrounds, day camp for kids in the summer, day care/nursery schools, it is like living in a resort except you don’t have to hop on an airplane and then spend hundreds of dollars a day for a hotel.

Ian and I would be glad to help you.
Well, I am a bit biased since I grew up in White Meadow Lake and am now raising my family here. I don't have an significant cons except that Route 80 rush hour traffic can be pretty bad between Parsippany and the Rockaway Mall. Now for some Pros. I love the convenience. Geographically Rockway puts you equidistant of just about everything. 40 minutes East and you are in NYC, 40 Min West and you are at The Delaware Water Gap. Nothing is very Far. I also like that all conveniences are nearby. We don't have a lot of chains(Which I like) so there are plenty of "Mom and Pop" places to go for things, especially dining. The Mall keeps expanding so anything you could want or need is there. In addition, it is easy to acess and park(even during the Holidays). WML specifically is a great little community, there are three beaches, fishing, boating, club house, community pool, plenty of fields and playgrounds, activities, and even a summer camp. We have a deli/Pizza Place and Liqour store in the community, which is amazing, especially when weather is bad and you don't want to go far for certain items. I also believe you can get the best bang for your buck on a house. You can easily find housing for under $300k and still get things like a yard, garage, and 3 bedrooms. Taxes aren't low, but it is NJ. If you want to know more just contact me, I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know as I have been here for decades. As I do a lot of business here, I even know of homes that will be coming on the market but that aren't yet, so I can always let you know about them if you like.

Hey Trotter,

White Meadow Lake is a great community. There are a lot of families that enjoy the opportunity to live in a desirable lake community that also offers a convenient commuter location from Interstate 80 .

There are a lot of families in White Meadow Lake and a regular calendar of events that the community hosts. Here is some information I have pulled together on my website:

http://openingdoorsnj.com/newest-homes-for-sale-in-white-mea…

Best of luck with your relocation. Move soon so you can enjoy the lake during the summer!
Jeremy
Its a great community.
It is centrally locaterd, very close to major highways yet has a very rural feel.
The school is very respected.
The home are quite affordable still.
All our clients that have moved ther, love it!

As far as activities.....I will let the website speak for the community
Log on to: http://www.whitemeadowlake.org/index.htm
Is rockaway in a flood zone??
Flag Wed Sep 4, 2013