Moving in Austin>Question Details

Alexandra Ca…, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

Is north or northwest Austin the best area for families with good schooling? We are moving in July and are looking to rent at first

Asked by Alexandra Carrier, Washington, DC Fri Mar 15, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Austin

Answers

9
KRISTEE LEONARD’s answer
Steiner Ranch is a very popular neighborhood and the schools are exemplary. There are three amenity centers, the UT golf club, Lake Austin access, shops and restaurants all within the neighborhood. Lake Travis and Eanes are exemplary ISD's and in gorgeous parts of West Austin with rolling hills. I am an Austinite and would be happy to answer any questions that you have about Austin. My cell is 512-695-5144 and my email is kristee@theleadersrealty.com.

Kristee Leonard, Broker/Owner
The Leaders Realty, LLC
512-695-5144 Cell
kristee@theleadersrealty.com
http://www.theleadersrealty.com
Finalist for Platinum Top 50 2013
Finalist for ABJ Top Residential Real Estate Agents 2012 & 2013
I'm a native Austinite and not only does north and northwest Austin offer great schools and neighborhoods but so does southwest Austin. I'd love to help you discover more about different areas of Austin. Call me at 512-914-6118 or email directly at AustinHomeSells@gmail.com

Brenda Sours
Realtor, GRI
Hi Alexandra, Welcome to Austin, TX!
Northwest is great and also look at West, Lake Travis ISD is a great school district along with Leander ISD. The rental market is very difficult right now as many places come and go before they're ever listed! So be sure to talk to an agent who knows the area very well and specializes in rentals.
Warm regards, larapavanelli.realtor@gmail.com 512-909-5807
Hi Alexandra,

There are some really great schools in and around north Austin. I've learned that it goes beyond overall districts, and that there are some great schools in some OK districts, and some poor schools in great districts.

Also, the north and northwest regions of Austin are some of the fastest appreciating areas with a great quality of life. Family friendly neighborhoods, activities, and nice neighbors. It's a great place to live, and it is where I chose to raise a family.

Renting is a great way to try out an area before you buy, but I'd like to warn you that the Austin rental market is HOT, and good places in good areas rent in days (and sometimes hours).

When you are ready for more specifics, I'd like the opportunity to help you.

Cheers,

Eric
512.712.5842
A JB Goodwin Agent
Alexandra, if you are talking about the best specifically with regard to schools, David is correct that Eanes ISD and Lake Travis ISD are the highest rated. However, Round Rock and Leander ISD's, up in the north and northwest part of Austin, are both rated very highly and are nice areas as well.

If you need any further help, feel free to contact me and I can connect you with a good Leasing agent. I would also be happy to help you when you're ready to purchase, as that is my area of expertise. I also know all four school districts very well and I'm one of the top agents in Austin. Good luck!

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012)
Call 512-261-4415
Northwest. I'm prejudiced because I live in that area, but it has three of the crown jewels of the Round Rock ISD (Spicewood Springs Elementary, Canyon Vista Middle, and Westwood High School.) All are outstanding and why I originally bought in that area when I moved to Austin 23 years ago.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
No. The Eanes and Lake travis districts are ranked highest, also Vandegrift high school and the schools that feed it. I can send you a school ratings pdf if you like.
That would be great my email is alexcarrier1223@gmail.com
Flag Sat Mar 16, 2013
Alexandra,
There are ratings online for all schools in the area. Several good schools at all levels to choose from. The grade level range you are loking for will dictate location. The school districts to choose from are Austin ISD, Cedar Park ISD, Round Rock ISD, Lake Travis ISD, Dripping Springs ISD & Pflugerville. I think that's all the public ISD's in the metro. If I can be of any assistance feel free to cntact me directly.
Bill Austin
Hi Alexandra!

So glad you have chosen Austin!

Northwest Austin does have excellent school, as do many areas of Austin. I'd be happy to discuss with you further as well as assist you in your rental search for free. I've been partnering with clients relocating to Austin for over 8 years. I'm here for any of your questions or concerns!

Here's a link to my website, where you can search up to the minute accurate property information. If you'd like, I can set you up with a customized search focused on areas with the best schools. I can help you understand the market both leasing and for purchasing in the future.
http://adams.actris.fusionmls.com/?Page=129574

I look forward to hearing from you!

Michelle Adams,
REALTOR® GRI, CNE
Real Estate Consultant
Ultima Real Estate
512.574.2969 direct | 512.852.4412 fax | 512.22CONDO Office
http://www.UltimaAustin.com
Find me on: LinkedIn | Zillow.com | About Me |Trulia
Please review Information about brokerage services
Current Government Affairs Committee Member
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
Sales | Leasing | Purchasing | Land
Search for active listings |
Accurate Property Information at Your Fingertips
The Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) boasts one of the most technologically advanced Multiple Listing Service (MLS) systems in the nation. This property listing resource network is managed by the Austin/Central Texas Realty Information Service (ACTRIS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of ABoR. Subscribers must be members of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and adhere to the ACTRIS Rules and Regulations.