Moving in Montclair>Question Details

Forrest, Other/Just Looking in New Jersey

Is it feasible to find a house for rent for under 2500 in Montclair in a safe neighborhood?

Asked by Forrest, New Jersey Wed Aug 29, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Montclair

Answers

15
Erin Sheehan’s answer
Northern NJ - Essex & Bergen Counties are very nice and closely located to NYC! Oradell is a suburban township that is located about 15 miles from Manhattan. When researching more on the town try taking a look at the townships website - that will give you a good idea of what they offer. Through working with an agent, they can help to connect your needs (i.e. close to train station, school district, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.) with those of townships, price range, etc.

There are also plenty of great townships between Essex (Montclair) and Bergen (Oradell) counties. Any questions on these areas feel free to email me!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2012
Right, I looked on Weichert.com for you. In Oradell there is one house listed with a broker at $3200. NJ-MLS. Then I looked on craigslist.com and saw one or two more in Oradell. There on CL you want to be careful for scams.
A site that uses a consistent profile is http://www.city-data.com. Each town is profiled the same way. Incomes. schools, median prices, incomes etc. But most people have their own critera that is important to them. Location for some for the work commute, or the style of housing stock maybe, or reputation of schools, or taxes, or any number of criteria. If everyone had the same profile for housing we would see it in high demand and sales. In this area, Glen Ridge is hot for its home town feel, its schools, the midtown direct train. Taxes are high but if you must live in the area, selling your house in the future will be somewhat easier than in other towns, probably. Montclair is also hot, for the same reasons except the schools are appealing to a more diverse and multiculteral values buyer. These want the advantage of their children growing up with the real world of their future. Some people choose a home for the slightly lower taxes and right now, West Caldwell is the bargain. Or Little Falls, or Caldwell, or......or Oradell. Put yourself with somone who is full time in real estate who can guide you to a community. Then be aware that the agent for Oradell is not likely to be the agent tor Montclair. Contact me for Montclair. I will guide you to an Oradell agent. Forrest, good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
I was actually looking for advice about the towns so we can pick one that suits our needs in our budget not necessarily specific rentals. . I am looking in 2 different areas to try and make a decision that is right for us.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
This will help: you ask about Montclair where the MLS service for all agents is Garden State MLS. Then you ask about Oradell, Bergen county, where another MLS system serves. Rarely will agents belong to more than the local MLS. For example, the GS-MLS has not rentasl listed in Oradell, understandable since it is so far remove from Montclair. You can go to Weichert.com, list your town preferences, price range, etc and the "valet service" will send emails of listings as they come on the market. Not doing anything until June 2013 means that what is available now surely will not last until June 2013, at least we hope not. You kinda want to be ready to act when you look for a rental for a lotof reasons. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Yes you can email me at aleiman10@gmail.com. Thanks! We are looking to move in June 2013.
It's possible but houses for rent in that price range are fewer than multi-family rental options in Montclair.
What email can I send some choice listings to that are in your budget and ideal location?

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
Weichert Realtors
474 Morris Ave Summit, NJ 07901
973.687.7095

Dream Homes ARE Within Reach!!
Oradell is a very lovely town and also the surrounding towns. I would be happy to send you information if you'll like. You can reach me at blanca.rosario@cbmoves.com or 9176640885
Do not let that disappoint you. There are surrounding areas as well. If you need due diligence
to satisfy you and your family Call Urling Real Estate Company 973-746-2850 3rd generation of Montclair. The company that gets the job done in excellence.
Thank you for your reply. Can anyone give me any insight into renting in Oradell? We are also considering Bergen County.
Forrest,

The answer to your question depends on your specific needs. Besides Montclair there are surrounding towns such as Verona, Cedar Grove, etc. that offer value and safety.

Erin
The least expensive rental house listed in Montclair on the GSMLS is on Prospect Avenue and is asking $2750/per month. it is GSMLS #2963345. It has 3 bedrooms and a newer kitchen and bath. I would be happy to make an appointment and show it to you.
At this moment, there are no full houses for rent in your budget in Montclair that are listed on the GSMLS. Rentals have been particularly popular this spring and summer. There is very little inventory. Be aware that craigslist often has homes listed for less than market value and they are usually scams. If the deal seems unbelievable, be suspicious.
Right now, there are units with multi-family homes that are available for rent. Often these units have the feel of being in a house, but they are within a multi-family house. Right now, there are many such units available including 2 on Park Street 1 on Valley Road. GSMLS#s are 2960967, 2958991, 2960905. If you have any questions, please give me a call (917) 536 - 8258.
June Raegner
Stanton Company
Absolutely! Call or email me yo discuss!

Karen Abramson
917-294-0356
Sharonandkaren@kw.com
It might be difficult. What exactly are you looking for?