Moving in Connecticut>Question Details

Baybird, Other/Just Looking in Bay Area cupertino san...

Is connecticut good place to move?

Asked by Baybird, Bay Area cupertino san francisco palo alto berkeley marin county sonoma county vallejo Tue Jul 10, 2007

Answers

9
I must say I love CT! I am Alaskan, but have also lived all over the country. I love CT because unlike other states, we actually get all 4 season and get to enjoy them. When it's winter we have skiing, in the summer there are beaches and lakes. We are also in the middle of NYC and Boston and are with in driving distance. There are so many different things to enjoy about this state. I hope this helped.
I am not answering to the question but I noticed couple of the realtors( Deborah Madey, Artur Urbans…)lived in CA, northern CA. How you compare that area to CT? schools, people,culture etc?
Look at how helpful we are! Yankee all the way! What particular areas are you considering? Email me more specific questions and I'll reply within 24 hrs: yourfamilysrealtor@yahoo.com
That depends on what you are looking for. I have lived in CT for 30 years and love it. It is a great state. There are great vacation spots within a 2 hour drive and you will find great pizza in The City of New Haven. If you are looking for population, economy, school info, etc, please check out my website, http://www.heatherizzo.com, click on the link "communtiy Info" on the left side of the page or call me 203-868-6493. Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.heatherizzo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2007
Where you move from, how similar the communities are, and your level of adaptability will determine if any new area will be a good place for you to move.

CT is beautiful with winding tree lined roads, many quaint small towns, and easy access to NYC from Fairfield County.

I moved to CT from Orange County, CA. Although I had traveled extensively, the transition was more challenging than I had anticipated because Greenwich, CT was so different than coastal Southern CA.

I found many things that I enjoyed about CT; great parks, recreation, and boating on the Long Island Sound was great. After a fast one year, I was moved again to NJ, where I stayed.

Despite a few transitional challenges, I hold fond and warm memories of my year in CT. I am sure that if I had stayed longer, I would have grown to like it more.

I still have easy access to NYC and love living on the Jersey Shore. But, I am a little biased on the subject!
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ
I moved here a couple years ago and had my doubts. But i must say i cannot think of living anywhere else. CT has everything a person can want. From great beaches, tparks, hiking trails, and great city life. Not to mention if you live in fairfield county you have a easy commute into NYC. It's also a great place to raise a familiy and lots of business are located here. For example in Stamford you have GE, UBS, and lots of other companies are moving here. Here is a great website to learn more about Ct http://www.ct.gov/

take care!

Alisha Gunraj
Keller Williams Associate, Serving Fairfield County
Phone:203-554-4481
Website:AlishaSellsHomes.net
Email:AlishaSellsHomes@kw.com
Satisfying Needs & Exceeding Expectations!
Connecticut is an excellent place to live especially if you have a family. I spent every summer in New England and my Grandmother still lives there and I have many wonderful memories of white winters, colorful falls, and warm summers.
Connecticut has alot to offer as far as Jobs & opportunities for making a good living, pay in Connecticut is one of the highest in the U.S. It all depends also on whether you can tolerate cold climates in the winter. It does get quite cold for quite a while in the winters, although last year we had a really mild winter, which does happen at times. Ct offers beautiful countrysides, quaint inns and lots of historic charm.
Connecticut is a wonderful place. I lived there for 15 years. To answer your question one would have to know you life style preference. You can live in Fairfield County with its beautiful and expensive homes in Greenwich, Westport and Fairfield just across the NY state border. If you don't mind to be 70 miles (that's not a typo) you can live in the farm in the entirely rural environment with 200-300 old farms (Litchfield). Or you can go to the North East part of the state passed Hartford, the state capital, towards the University of Connecticut in Stores. It is also rural, but not as historic as Litchfield. There is also Naugatuck valley with its oldest industry in the US (end of the 18th century). I almost forgot, if you choose the northern part of the state close to the Massachusetts you will be close to Berkshire Mountains with good downhill and cross country skiing in winter. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.cimpler.com
Artur Urbans…, Real Estate Pro in Burlingame, CA