Moving in Teaneck>Question Details

Ms. Richard, Renter in Teaneck, NJ

Is Teaneck better than...?

Asked by Ms. Richard, Teaneck, NJ Wed Aug 8, 2012

My son is scheduled to go to school in Teaneck around West Forest Avenue area. We currently live in Manhattan just across the GW bridge. Considered trying to relocate closer to the school and into Teaneck to achieve an upgrade in life, rent a house, upgrade to a suburban lifestyle of sorts and still be close to work (NYPH). How is the neighborhood around there for kids, crime and safety and friendly neighbors? (We currently live in Washington Heights in a 1-bedroom for $950, and my son has the bedroom)

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Teaneck

Answers

3
You can usually check any school system rating on greatschools.org. They rate the schools on a 1 to 10 rating system. The site is actually very helpful if you're looking for info on schools. Going from Washington Heights is a big change. They are two completely different living environments. My brother and sister actually live in Wash Heights and I live about 5 minutes from Teaneck and I think its a great place. I recommend taking a drive around the neighborhoods at different times in the day to see what its like and if it's something you're ok with.
Teaneck school system sucks... check the results......
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
It's a wonderful community for families and great commuting distance to NYC. I have raised four kids here over the past 25 years, and lived her 29 years, involved in the schools, the local arts community and in volunteer work. My kids had great recreation programs and sports options, and we have met and become friends with people from all walks of life. We have one of the best police departments in Bergen County, a paid fire department, the best volunteer ambulance corps, our own hospital (Holy Name Medical Center), a discount movie theatre, and proximity to other towns and shopping from three highways that surround us (Rt. 80, 4, and 95). I feel certain you would be very happy here!

While your price range is a little low for a 2-bedroom apartment, I can try to find some options for you. Let me help you find just the right place for you and your son.
My best,
Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker RE
201-262-6600 x144
201-965-3105 cell
http://www.BarbaraOstroth.com