Moving in Palm Coast>Question Details

Monica, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Inquiring about the following costs in Palm Coast, Fla? Gas? Electricity? Cable, phones? Cell? Gasoline?

Asked by Monica, New Jersey Wed Mar 20, 2013

I am thinking about possibly making my family's move in August to Palm Coast.. I am curious to find out some more info about utility costs?
What are your experiences with these items?

Answers

4
Ladyjbs123’s answer
Remember to factor in higher water cost, especially if you water the lawn with city water. $$$ Also there is pest control which if you have pets has to be yard and home. Electric is a little on the high side.
Monica,
After the winter you have had, I expect you to arrive with a furniture van, bathing suit and sun tan lotion. Home prices are on the way up and there are not many 'steals' left. There are great values, meaning that your property is very likely to grow equity more quickly than a year ago.
I live in Flagler Beach in a 2600 sq. ft. home w/pool. It costs about $150,00. avg year round to heat/ac, cook, elec. lighting, water heating and pool. When you factor in your bills for heating, and cooking and elec usage, NJ bills should be much higher.
Our gas is up and down but hovers around $3.70 a gallon. I bundle my house phone and cell phone, internet, nationwide long distance, data plan and it runs about $195.00 mo thru AT&T. Bright House provides cable and I have an upgraded package with HBO and it is $105.00mo.
Bring on the van. I am sure working together we can find a home for you.
C. Pat Denvir, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Premier Properties
patdenvir@att.net
386-793-0674
Hi Monica!
I am originally from Bergen County, New Jersey. I can tell you gas is about the same here, but we have to pump it ourselves...LOL! Cable runs about $100 per month for the basic package that includes internet and phone. Cell phones vary too much to say! Utilities are generally a bit less here. You run the heat more often that we do. Here, we use the ac more of course, but in temperate weather, which is often....the ocean breezes are awesome, so we keep the windows open! I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have and can certainly find you a house to rent or to own. Real Estate here is definitely a bargain compared to the Garden State. Give me a call!
Kim Wahl
Atlantic Homes Realty, LLC
betweenthewahls@gmail.com
386-986-7536
Hello, Monica,

A lot of expenses you are asking about are variable and primarily depend on individual usage. They also depend on how large the home is, pool or no pool and how many occupants there are using utilities.
We can discuss this further with you, if you would give us a call at 386-445-7556.

John Dysart, REALTOR®
100% Real Estate & Property Management
Palm Coast, FL 32137