Moving in Gurnee>Question Details

Mason, Other/Just Looking in Schaumburg, IL

If you were moving to Gurnee, and wanted to spend less than 200k for a 3 br with garage, which subdivisions would you look in?

Asked by Mason, Schaumburg, IL Wed Dec 1, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Gurnee

Answers

6
Mason
Happy New Year!
I looked at your other questions, looks like you have been looking at Mundelein, Grayslake and Gurnee. What is the status of your search and if you started working with an agent you can pull the question from the forum. I am happy to discuss offline.
Hi Mason-
May I ask why you chose Gurnee as the city to relocate to? Are you professionally being relocated there? Or is it choice?

Depening on your answer determines how best to answer this question.

Gurnee is divided by school districts mostly. Do you know which school district you would prefer to be in? Or was it close proximity to the toll way or Route 41 that interested you most about Gurnee? Or was it Gurnee's history?

Knowing your specific reason to choose Gurnee will help a local Realtor eliminate or expand your search criteria. And while we Realtors, cannot talk specifics on school district, I can make the blanket statement that I have lived in the Gurnee area most of my life. I graduated from Warren Township High School, I went to Gurnee Grade and Spaulding Grade School and Viking Junior High. My children have all gone through the Woodland School District.

There are surrounding areas that are also quite nice. Also within the price range you had suggested, some of them are within the Gurnee school district system, but may not be specifically in "Gurnee". Are you looking for the most for your dollar? Or are you looking to relocate to downtown Gurnee? Both, can be within your specified price range. It depends on what you are looking for.

Are you specific to Gurnee, or do you just prefer the Gurnee "area". Or did you just provide a general area to describe? I say this because, some of the posts have given you Gurnee specifics and some have given you surrounding areas. To answer this question correctly, we need to know exactly what you are looking for.

Depending on the reason you requested information on Gurnee, would help to eliminate some areas and open you up to others. A good Realtor can help you determine that criteria.

If you'd like to speak more freely, please feel free to contact me directly.

Good Luck to you!
Dear Mason -

I would just like to add that you might want to check out some of the surrounding areas such as Beach Park / Wadsworth. Both communities have so much to offer under your desired price point and Cambridge at Heatherstone is definitely one of them.

If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me.

Divinity
Mason,

It really depends on how old you want your new home to be and how much square footage. We just took a home off the makret in Grandwood Park for the holidays that might be perfect for your family. It is absolutely adorable. Visit our website for the best deals on foreclosures, short sales, and financing..........and get part of your closing costs paid for you.

Happy House Hunting,

Ron and Kat Becker
http://www.500closingdiscounts.com
There are a great many choices for homes within the criteria you have provided. By asking this question I think what you really want to know is "How do I find the best choice of home in Gurnee that meets my needs?" Price range is one factor. Subdivisions have different characters and attributes. A good realtor with you further to determine what factors are most important to you in a subdivision and in the specific choice of home (age of homes, lot size, demogarphics, near schools, near hghways, are you a good candidate to buy a short sale, do you want a move in condition home or can you fix up, etc). That agent will then be able to select homes for you that best meet your criteria and will be able to present the pros anc cons of each possible home choice you might consider. As an agent who has been actively selling homes in Gurnee for the last 17 years I would be happy to help you find an excellent home choice. You may reach me at 847-274-3591 or at scott.paul1@comcast.net.
Mason
For single family homes, grandwood Park has many choices to offer. Older area on the western edge of gurnee. Newer construction Ravinia Woods has a few short sales under $200k. If you want to consider townhomes you can get a huge newer 3BR/2.5BA with 2 car garage under $200k with monthly association fees.
Call me if you would like me to set you up with a MLS search engine. First question to ask yourself is do you want newer tract home or old, (charm)in a rural character area; 2nd question is do you want a fixer upper or a move in ready? And finally a maintenance free, aka home owner association fee kind of lifestyle?

Let me know!
John Walin
847 276-0120