Moving in Houston>Question Details

marisolguerr…, Renter in 90807

I want to move to Houston, TX from California in January of 2014. I'm currently looking for work. How affordable is temporary living in Galleria Area?

Asked by marisolguerra777, 90807 Mon Oct 28, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Houston

Answers

6
Good Afternoon Marisol,

The Galleria is considered a very nice area and there are many affordable options for you in temporary housing. The housing market here compared to California is a very affordable market and you are getting 2-3 times the size for the same price. My husband is from California so we are aware of the housing and prices in California. Give me a call when you get into town and I can help you. If you send me your email address I can forward you homes that will match your criteria. I look forward to helping you.

Dawn Bajalieh
Texas Monthly Magazine Five Star Realtor
RE/MAX Integrity
19510-B Kuykendahl Rd.
Spring, Texas 77379

281-370-5100 Office
832-201-8378 Fax
832-878-7040 Cell
website: http://www.dawntexasrealtor.com
Maris,

A 1bdrm apartment for a year will likely run you $1200-$1600/month in the 15 years old or newer type communities. Month to month, furnished with utilities paid for, etc can run as high as $3,500/month.

That "Galleria" area is the heart of the city and very popular with singles and those new to town. You can find less expensive apartments and privately owned condos a few miles out (west). Private properties will likely only lease for a year at a minimum. Apartment communities have 6 month and in some cases, 3 month options.

I can provide you a list that meet your parameters and a way to view it on-line, see photos of the community, floor plans, etc. Let us know if we can help you. No charge for this service!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hi Marisol,

I would love to help you find your new home! I live and work in Katy area and know the area very well. Please feel free to contact me and I will send you the list of properties that match your criteria.

Robert Kandiyoti
RE/MAX Real Estate Associates
robertk@remax.net
cell. 713-534-3018
It depends on what you're looking for ... a one-bedroom condominium unit in an older complex can go for $700-$800. You'd likely need to sign a year's lease, although an owner might accept a shorter term (or month-to-month) for a higher rent. Anything else in Galleria will be considerably higher. Best of luck with your search.
All depends on what you consider "affordable". Depending on which part of California you are coming from, it might be considered very affordable. I moved here from the San Francisco Bay area and the prices here are about a third of what I paid there. But if you are coming from the desert, you are in for a shock. You will find the prices are higher than advertised. So, as compared to what would be my question. If you wish to talk or exchange emails, fell free to do so.
Hi Michael,

I currently live in Long Beach, CA and pay a thousand for a one bedroom apartment. Eventually, the area I really would like to live in would be Katy.
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
ALL depends on your desire. I lease here in the city. Call me for more information or visit my personal web-site at joelocator.com

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
joelocator@att.net
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com