Moving in Los Angeles>Question Details

Santa Barbara, Real Estate Pro in London, CA

I want to buy a property in LA. I want an old spanish style property up to 375k max 2 beds where can I afford such a place, which area is affordable?

Asked by Santa Barbara, London, CA Sat Dec 17, 2011

Answers

14
Ripsi Yepremyan’s answer
Hi Sindy,
I have a few properties I would like to show you. Please contact me to make an appointment if you are interested to preview them.

Ripsi Yepremyan
Prudential CA Realty
Tel. 818.549.4139
DRE #01488880
http://www.housesaleinfo.com
Web Reference: http://housesaleinfo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Hey Sindy,

An area that I recommend is Mid City. 90016. This is an area I work in.

If you would like me to send you some options, let me know.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
From the variety of answers, there are many areas to explore. Are you at all familiar with the LA area, or how do you plan on selecting an area? Are you looking for location close to a school, grocery store, transportation, workplace? Determining these may help narrow down the choices.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Hey, there are many great options for you. Glendale in my opinion is a great area has homes in this range.

I can help you in your search just as all the other agents can. However, I can promise you personalized, knowledgeble, and honest service that you deserve. I am knowledgeble on many topics from home repairs to loans.

As a BONUS, I CAN OFFER YOU UP TO 1% OF THE PURCHASE PRICE BACK AS A BUYERS REBATE THROUGH ESCROW. THIS COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Contact me for details, just a quick call and then you can decide if I am what you are looking for in an agent.. Please contact me below!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Erik Bottema, Realtor
http://www.SoCalCashbackRealty.com
Meridian Capital Real Estate
DRE #01895909, Member SRAR, NAR, CAR

Cell: (818) 426-1700
email: edbottema@gmail.com
PO Box 311, La Canada, CA 91012

Serving All of Southern California and offering buyers rebates on most transactions! Your Best and Trusted Source for Homes & Investment Properties!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Another great option is Leimert Park (located in 90008 zip code ). There are options in adjacent 90043, 90018 and 90016 zip codes as well. There are pockets in Highland Park & Echo Park that also could work, but you need to better narrow down what else is improtant to you other than price and style (i.e. proximity to _____, freinds, work, other amnenities, school districs etc.). There are Spanish style homes thorughout the City, but you may find that the Spanish style becomes less imprtant to you than the area that you ultimately choose. There is no shortage of real estate professionals who will be willing to help you with this transition (myself included). ;-) Good luck!

Tisha M. Greene, Broker Associate
LA Vision Properties
Keller Williams Marina/LA
(310) 670-4000
tisha@lavisionproperties.com
http://www.lavisionproperties.com
DRE Lic.# 01426433
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Sindy,

As mentioned, there are a number of areas in Los Angeles where you could find affordable Spanish style homes. I believe it is important to find out where you will be working, what amenities you want near, if you have friends or family in the area? If you could provide that information, then we can help you narrow down the areas that would best meet your needs. Among the group of us here, I'm certain that one of us specializes in an area that will best suit your needs.

Angie Simpson
Coldwell Banker
818-795-5590
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
For LA properties you need to be able to search by zip code or you're going to get too many matches to sift through. This is the site I like to use, you can use the "zip hybrid" mode. http://maps.huge.info/zip.htm , put in 90016 & then you'll see the other zips that are around LA.

Then go to my web link below & you can look in the MLS, like I do, for your price range.

Shoot me an email directly if you want to talk about this some more or if you need help setting up your search criteria, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Hello Sindy,

This is not my listing; however, I think it may be just what you are looking for. It is an updated Spanish property in your price range (just reduced to $399K) and in a location (Highland Park) that is growing and becoming increasingly desirable and full of new goods and services.

http://www.michaelamcnamara.com/712Burwood/slideshow/slidesh…

If you would be interested in knowing more about the property, or seeing it when you are in Los Angeles, please feel free to contact me anytime. I am not sure how it works in London, but fyi n Los Angeles having a Buyer's agent to represent your interests does not cost you anything, as the seller compensates both sides of the transaction, so my services would not cost you anything. I would be happy to assist.

Best Wishes,

--
Eric Smilay
West Los Angeles Realty
T: 310.600.9172
SmilayProperties.com
Web Reference: http://smilayproperties.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Sindy,

There are several areas that would be affordable in this price range. Feel free to email directly or call me and I can share those areas and listings with you. I also have a contact that has access to foreclosures so that is another option. I'd like to know where you'd be working, if you have children (for better school districts), etc., so that I can provide you with the best recommendations.

Thank you!

Michael Nava
Rodeo Realty
323.371.0405
michaelnava@rodeore.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Zip Codes 90019, 90018, 90016 are very near downtown Los Angeles and have tons of multi-family Spanish places full of character... usually built in the 1920's and 1930's... as a foreigner you could qualify for a mortgage, but you would likely have to find a "turn-key" property (one that is perfectly ready) for the bank to consider a mortgage... as a cash buyer you could buy a fixer upper and have fun restoring it...

Spanish is my favorite style... look at a magazine called Casa Campo it has tons of ideas...

My advise is to consider the financing situation first, then also the type of property and then based on that budget shop in the areas that fit you...
We areboth a real estate brokerage and a General contractor service... we also manage muti-family properties and arrange for financing... so we may be able to help you if you contact us directly...

Below is a link to a Spanish house we re-did in Santa Monica.. it has nice pictures of before and after... but that project is around the $900K price point because the area...

Also in terms of lot size.. you should not consider anything less than 5,000 sq foot.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 18, 2011
There are many areas you can consider. There are lots of shortsales in the area called Valley and there are a lot subareas in the Valley and a lot of are very good and you can get a good investment at a reasonable price and flip it. You can contact me whenever you have any questions.

http://www.tammybehnam.com
Thank you for your kind response everyone. I am based in London England UK. I am very interested in short sales and do love the old style spanish properties due to their character and high ceilings. At best I would not want a modern property but an oder style one early 20th Century wit a reasonable sized lot. I am looking to refurbish the property. I would really prefer something in Down Town LA that would have the possibility of being an investment property. A multi family property . Thank you everyone for your prompt and kind responses.

I look forward to your kind assistance. My responses may be a bit late due to the time difference.
Compliments of the season to you all. Thank you.
Sindy
Hi Sindy! I live right near these areas where you could find such a place. I have held many open houses around there. I can also help you with financing as we have a loan company right in my office. You can reach me at at 818-730-8635, or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net.
Hello Sindy,
Please feel free to call/email me and we can talk about the areas. I can also send you a list of properties that match your criteria.
DJ
562-572-4203
djbonner@KW.com