Moving in 11212>Question Details

Kobi, Home Owner in Brooklyn, NY

I've decided to move out of NY, how much does a long distance moving company charge?

Asked by Kobi, Brooklyn, NY Tue Jun 11, 2013

Moving from Brooklyn NY to Chicago IL!

1 vote Share Flag Moving in 11212

Answers

5
Paul F.Marzolla (201) 957-6768’s answer
I'd recommend contacting my "moving guy." I refer all of my clients to him being that his company provides stellar service from the most reputable company in the NYC area; FlatRate Movers. I've listed his email below, just send an intro and what you're looking to move and I'm sure he'll be in contact.

Benjamin@FlatRate.com
Good Afternoon, Kobi. My son and daughter attend college in Chicago, and my wife and I are selling our house. We sent about 10 pieces of furniture, includind two queen size beds, chests of drawers,
tables, large wing chairs and many boxes for just about $2000. We packed everything. Took about 5 days, but everything arrived in good conditon and the company moved down from the second floor in
our house the truck, and up to the second floor at the kids apartment.
We did NOT take the max insurance, and it was unnecessary, as everything arrived in good condition.
HINT: be sure to get the license number of their company and look it up. This in inter state transportation and you must be savvy.
NOTE: if your belongings are precious antiques, artwork, crystal etc. have it appraised first, PHOTOGRAPH IT, have it crated professionally and insure TO THE MAX!
Good Luck. you will love Chicago.
Call brooklyns owns movers very cheap!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 11, 2013
Thank you !
Flag Wed Jan 28, 2015
I'd recommend looking on Yelp.com to compare rates!

Ali
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
My daughter and I used Noah's Ark Moving company a few yrs ago. Very cheap and honest movers.
And they provide free moving quote for you.