Moving in Jacksonville>Question Details

Dietz1980, Renter in Jacksonville, FL

I may be accepting a job that will bring me to the Jacksonville area soon, and I'm hoping to get some advice on what part of town I should live

Asked by Dietz1980, Jacksonville, FL Sun Jul 15, 2012

in. I am 31 years old and single. I may get married eventually but will probably not have children, so please don't direct me to a part of town that is primarily for families. As I am a single female, safety is a concern. I will be working out of my house mainly, so geography doesn't matter too much. Ideally, I would love to be near a beach and live in a community where people walk to get to shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. I'm not ready to buy yet, so I'm looking to rent...probably either a condo, or house. I'd consider a high rise apartment complex too. I have a dog so, if there are dog parks in the area, that would be great too! I appreciate any input you can provide!!

Answers

7
Frank & Sharon Alters’ answer
Hi Dietz1980,

Welcome to Jacksonville, one of the best cities in America!

The lifestyle you describe sounds like you would really enjoy living either near the St. Johns Town Center area all the way to the Beaches. If I were in my 20s or 30s, that is definitely the area of town I would choose for its proximity to the beach and the best in shopping and restaurants that Jacksonville has to offer.

Jax Beach is where the night life beach scene is, whereas Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach are more residential. Ponte Vedra Beach is more upscale and you would probably think it is geared more to families, although a lot of single people live there.

I love the older Avondale/Riverside and San Marco neighborhoods that David described, and that is something to consider, but there is nothing like the lure of the beach. Our 26-year old son lives out there and loves it.

Here is a link to a dog web site that has dog park information. Little Talbot has always been one of my favorite beaches (but a bit far out to live) - and Salisbury Rd. is near St. Johns Town Center area -
http://www.dogster.com/local/FL/Jacksonville/Dog_Parks

Hope you found this answer helpful. If you need help with finding a place to live, we will put our local knowledge to work for you.

Sharon Alters
Coldwell Banker Vanguard
904-673-2308
sharon@teamalters.com
Web Reference: http://teamalters.com
Hi Dietz

I would love to help you just call me and I will be there to help you find what you are looking for.

Claire Meadows
904 386 4358
Hi Dietz1980,

Welcome to Jacksonville!

I know the feeling of relocating to a new area and not being up on the places to live. I moved here a little over a year ago from Rhode Island and it took me some time to gain the trust and understanding from a Realtor that knew what they were doing and watching out for my best interest.

I would love to help you with your search and have a number of great areas I think you (and your dog) may enjoy.

Jacksonville has alot to offer and I know I can find what you are looking for.

Warm Regards,

Joseph Poletto
Watson Realty
904.738.6446/ 401.450.9720
josephpoletto@yahoo.com
If you like a very walkable, active and diverse neighborhood with historic architecture, tons of parks, shops, restaurants and grocery stores all within easy walking distance, then you would love either Riverside and Avondale http://(www.riversideavondale.org) or San Marco. Both neighborhoods are located on the St. Johns River and there are many rental options available. Let me know if you'd like more information and I'd be glad to send you some available homes to consider. I look forward to hearing from you.

David White, Realtor
Traditions Realty
davidsellsjax@gmail.com
904.349.5113
There is a nice dog park in Jacksonville Beach that me and my daughter take our lab to.It ran by the city and is close to the police station. Also near by is a complex Called Jardin De Mer Nice condos 2 and 3 bedrooms with or with out garages. I have include a peek at what they have to offer with the link below.
I have a house in Atlantic beach for rent. If you are interested let me know. It is nice home and in a nice neighborhood. Rent is $1199 a month and 4/2/2 and available now. call me 904 803-6717.
How fun! Your dog will love it here too! Great areas to show you via the internet until you get here. Call me at 904-635-8617 Torree Lein Keller Williams realty.