Moving in Washington>Question Details

Jewelthief, Home Buyer in Newbury Park, CA

I'm moving from California to Marysville Wa. Any suggestions on how to move a 2 bedroom home that's not too expensive.?

Asked by Jewelthief, Newbury Park, CA Thu Dec 5, 2013

Answers

2
It will always be cheaper to move yourself. With the internet now, it is easy to find the best deal around on moving your stuff up here. Just be careful and pay attention to how long the company has been in business, their online reputation, and the process for stuff damaged or lost.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac

Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
Jewlthief,
One question to ask yourself with each item you choose to move, is it less expensive to move it or replace it? I see people spend thousands on moving things across the country, then almost immediately decide they don't fit in their new place only to replace them. That's paying twice. Sell, donate or throw away things you don't need or haven't used in a long time.
The less you pack, the cheaper the move will be.
When I sold my home in California and moved everything into storage I did get rid of a lot. I have several very nice antiques a new bed. A very expensive down sectional. I will be getting rid of a very nice poker table, my new place doesn't have room for it. I was hoping for a few recommendations on moving companies so I can compare prices on that or driving myself.
Flag Fri Dec 6, 2013