Moving in Napa County>Question Details

East2West, Renter in Petaluma, CA

I just got a job in Vallejo, and my boyfriend and I are looking at living in the Napa area. Any specific areas you would suggest?

Asked by East2West, Petaluma, CA Sat Oct 20, 2012

We are in our mid twenties and looking for an area that has a good downtown feel (good restaurants, shops, etc), but we don't need a super busy nightlife. We are moving from Boston, and would love to be in a place where we can make friends, go out occasionally, and explore the area. Any advice would help!

Answers

4
Ray Beem’s answer
A good idea to rent before you buy. I suggest you contact our property management Co. Crown Realty Property Management at 707-255-0880. Although the rental market is pretty competitive right now, $2,000.00 will cover a nice house in a good area. I don't think you will have to pay that much for a two bedroom. I suggest either Browns Valley, Alta heights, or someplace in Old Town. Rent for a while get used to Napa and when the time is right, contact me and I will help you find something. My offer still stands even thought your intention is renting. Would welcom the opportunity to share my knowledge and love for Napa with you. let me know in advance and I will free up my schedule.
Thank you so much for your responses. We will be renting, not yet buying, and looking to stay under 2,000 for hopefully a 2bed. Is there a lot of diversity within the town of Napa, ie good areas and bad? Is there a good population of younger adults is the area, or should we look elsewhere as well?
Congratulations on accep[ting a job a Vallejo. You are not too far away from Napa. I might suggest that you start by getting an orientation to Napa and who better to get it from than me. I have lived here for over 30 years and have been selling real estate in Napa since 1986. I often take people new to Napa on a half day orientation tour of the City I call home. We'll look at neighborhoods, and I will be happy to field any questions you might have about Napa and Northen California.
Napa is a great place to live. I would welcome the chance to share my knowledge and experience with you. Contact me when you arrive in the area and I would be happy to show you around.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
There are several good residential areas within walking distance to downtown Napa. Prices for nice homes range from $450k to $650k, higher if you need more space. Downtown Napa, especially along the river, is going through a period of excellent redevelopment.
Napa has great restaurants and shops, and if you want to see the rest of Napa Valley, venture into Sonoma County, or head for gold country, Napa is close to the major highways leading to those destinations. Napa also has a good sense of community, with lots of community events - though most revolve around wine and food.
You can use the link below to do an MLS map search of homes within walking distance of downtown Napa or anywhere else in the area.