Moving in 60628>Question Details

Msbutterfly50, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

I currently live in Chicago IL and I have Section 8 Housing can I keep my Section 8 and tranfer it to Desoto Texas

Asked by Msbutterfly50, Chicago, IL Sun Sep 6, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Moving in 60628

Help the community by answering this question:


I believe the answer is yes. According to the tenant-based section 8 housing choice voucher, they are portable and/or transferable. “Meaning once a person is issued a voucher, he or she can potentially use that Voucher anywhere in the country.” For further information, check Midwest Regional Office: 77 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago. (312) 353-6236.

Mike Yun, Broker
Jameson Real Estate
(414) 526-8998
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 22, 2010
Contact their local government and speak with some in their housing authority.

The City of DeSoto, Texas
211 East Pleasant Run Road
DeSoto, TX 75115
Ph: 972.274.CITY (2489)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Illinois > Cook County > Chicago > 60628 > Moving in 60628 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer